Floor and Room are reset in some cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor and Room are reset in some cases

I set the Room and Floor for all my weather devices to "Outside" but root node Room is being reset to the Location name at some point.
    It seems to only happen in the "Today" and "Tomorrow" devices of the Openweather provider and the AQI device of the Ambient_Weather_Local provider.

I am running v4.0.5.25

After the root Room is reset...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-14 193252.png
Views:	93
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1592864

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-14 193330.png
Views:	59
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1592865

J.Hopple

Originally posted by jhopple View Post
    I set the Room and Floor for all my weather devices to "Outside" but root node Room is being reset to the Location name at some point.
    It seems to only happen in the "Today" and "Tomorrow" devices of the Openweather provider and the AQI device of the Ambient_Weather_Local provider.

I am running v4.0.5.25

After the root Room is reset...

J.Hopple
    Can you please post screenshot of HS Setup => Custom

Comment

Here you go...
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-15 062450.png Views:	4 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	1592896

Comment

Just to verify - the daily forecast root Room changes to "Forecast", not location name?

[EDIT]

Or "Forecast" is the location name?

Comment

To be precise Location1("Room") of the root node changes to the weather location name. "Forecast" and "AmbientWS" are my weather locations.

Comment

I can't see why it can change, and I guess you don't know how to reproduce the issue?

All I can do for now - add some logging when the Room changes and let you run and monitor the log...

Comment

Ver 4.0.5.27 - Added Log when Location (Room) changes (Log must be enabled for the Location)

Comment

After some experimentation I discovered that device Location 1 is updated when the weather location is renamed.
                Since I will not always be renaming the weather locations I can handle fixing the device location when I do, but I do think that the device locations should only be set during device/feature creation.

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by jhopple View Post
                  After some experimentation I discovered that device Location 1 is updated when the weather location is renamed.
                  Since I will not always be renaming the weather locations I can handle fixing the device location when I do, but I do think that the device locations should only be set during device/feature creation.

Thanks for the support.
                  Yes, device Location 1 is updated when the weather location is renamed - but in this case all features should also change Location1?

I always try to minimise changes to the devices after they are created, bot for AKWeather the devices are created before you rename the location, so it would be even more messy...

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Yes, device Location 1 is updated when the weather location is renamed - but in this case all features should also change Location1?
                    It is not consistent. After renaming the AmbientWS...

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-18 064946.png
Views:	43
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1593697

Comment

Sun data devices are different - if data is not available from the provider - I calculate the sun data internally, so it's possible these devices are created before all other children, which may explain the issue. I'll try to test...

Comment

Working...
                      X