This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambient Weather: Missing Hourly rain

Hey Alex. I know this has come up before, and forgive me if I'm missing something from our previous conversations about this, but I'm missing hourly rain. I do have hourlyrainin but that is the rain rate per hour. What I'm missing is how much rain has fallen in a given hour. I know I used to have this value. Not sure what had changed. To be clear they are not the same thing. It's raining right now and the hourlyrainin value is: 0.165, while the hourly rain (as listed on my weather station) is: 0.20. I'll pm you the logs.

Thanks!

Hi, man, we had already a lengthily discussion about this (3 pages), and you were insisting on removing hourlyrainin

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ntweatherlocal

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
      To be clear they are not the same thing. It's raining right now and the hourlyrainin value is: 0.165, while the hourly rain (as listed on my weather station) is: 0.20
      Seriously, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...64#post1586264

Comment

And https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...25#post1586725

Comment

Hi alexbk66. I'm sorry for any confusion on this. I think the problem is that there has been a lot of mis-communication between hourly rate (hourlyrainin) and hourly rain. Some of which is most likely on my part. The translation between what the feature names are and what they represent vs what Ambient Weather calls them can be very confusing. From what I understand hourlyrainin is the rate of rain per hour (please feel free to correct me of I'm wrong). I didn't want this removed. I wanted this plus the value of rain that has fallen in a given hour. I do remember you saying something that Ambient Weather support had said some of the API values are actually sending the same data. Where it is confusing and a little frustrating is that on my AWS console there are two separate values which report different information. I simply want to have what's coming in via the plugin/api the same as that's on the console: the rate of rain per hour (hourlyrainin) and the amount of rain within an hour (which seems to be missing). My sincere apologise if we've gone in circles a bit. I've also been a bit sleep deprived with a 7-month old in the house so I may have made some communication mistakes as well. Hopefully this clears things up a little. As always thanks for your help (and understanding).

Note: At some point, I seem to remember that we did have values for both - I had set up my smart home tablet to show both and they had matched the AWS console (if my tired memory is correct).

Comment

Your understanding is correct. Problem is exactly how FOSHK (the manufacturer) use 'hourlyrainin' in place of 'raterainin' as I explained before https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...64#post1586264

Our engineer just replied that we have the hourrainin and it is referring to rain rate already. So you may get the hourrainin for this purpose.
            I suspect they made a mistake initially, but it's too late to change their code.

Regarding "At some point, I seem to remember that we did have values for both" - yes, I added both, but then removed 'hourlyrainin' (only in your case) exactly because it's actually the 'raterainin'.

If the API reports both - the other device will be also created. But in your case the API provides only the current rain rate (under 'hourlyrainin'). So that's all you can have.

You can discuss it with FOSKH support - they are pretty helpful.

support@ecowitt.com

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Your understanding is correct. Problem is exactly how FOSHK (the manufacturer) use 'hourlyrainin' in place of 'raterainin' as I explained before https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...64#post1586264

I suspect they made a mistake initially, but it's too late to change their code.

Regarding "At some point, I seem to remember that we did have values for both" - yes, I added both, but then removed 'hourlyrainin' (only in your case) exactly because it's actually the 'raterainin'.

If the API reports both - the other device will be also created. But in your case the API provides only the current rain rate (under 'hourlyrainin'). So that's all you can have.

You can discuss it with FOSKH support - they are pretty helpful.

support@ecowitt.com
              Thank you for jogging my memory. You are correct, and I apologize for seemingly taking us into a circular discussion. If I have a moment, I'll try to reach out to their support about this, but it's clear we have access to rate rain per hour but not the cumulative hourly rain. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X