Thank you for all your hard work on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all your hard work on this

I just wanted to make sure you knew how much we all appreciate your work on this project. Especially since it's a free plugin. Have you considered accepting donations?
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

It’s awesome to see this weather app.

Any chance to pull weather alerts from open weather ?

Comment

Disn’t test yet. But I agree with OP. Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
        I just wanted to make sure you knew how much we all appreciate your work on this project. Especially since it's a free plugin. Have you considered accepting donations?
        Hi All,

Thank you for the kind words.
        I don't plan on accepting donations as I want to keep the plugin 100% free in every way.
        Its my way of giving back to the HomeSeer community and recognising the amazing work Jeff did for us with weatherXML
        If you have spare cash, think about another plugin you have wanted that might be a paid one and maybe put the money towards that so you get more features for your smart home 😀
        (But thank you for asking)

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post
          It’s awesome to see this weather app.

Any chance to pull weather alerts from open weather ?
          Yes - of course.
          How do you want to see it?
          I'm struggling to figure out best way to show/represent it

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post

Yes - of course.
            How do you want to see it?
            I'm struggling to figure out best way to show/represent it
            Just another device.

so if no weather alerts the device will say that. We can then create an event that says if device changes and is not no weather alerts then action.

Comment

Hi mik3, I'll do up a sample screen over the weekend but is all you're wanting to see if there's an alert or not?
              The piece I'm struggling with is: main feature is Alert or no alert but then I'm wondering the best way to show you what the alerts are.
              If I add a feature per alert then If I add 5 features to hold alert information but theres 6 alerts on the day, you're missing one.
              If I added them as I need them, you would not be able to use them in events as they may not be there or there could be a new one that you didnt put into your event.
              Does this make sense?
              I welcome any thoughts.

(Adding the device and Alerts or No Alerts is simple..so I'll go ahead and add that)

Comment

Hi mik3, I'll do up a sample screen over the weekend but is all you're wanting to see if there's an alert or not?
                The piece I'm struggling with is: main feature is Alert or no alert but then I'm wondering the best way to show you what the alerts are.
                If I add a feature per alert then If I add 5 features to hold alert information but theres 6 alerts on the day, you're missing one.
                If I added them as I need them, you would not be able to use them in events as they may not be there or there could be a new one that you didnt put into your event.
                Does this make sense?
                I welcome any thoughts.

(Adding the device and Alerts or No Alerts is simple..so I'll go ahead and add that)
                Maybe add them as you need them, but have them as Newest Alert, Prior Alert 1, Prior Alert 2, etc., moving the alert info down the "prior stack" as new alerts come in. We could then just test for a change to Newest Alert in order to trigger an event every time there's a new alert.
                Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Does this make sense?
                  I welcome any thoughts.

Can you not pull all the alert details into another device.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post

Can you not pull all the alert details into another device.
                    Hi mik3 , I think you may have misunderstood me.
                    I am putting the alert into a new device but my query was more about features and number of alerts to show. This query is more about ensuring you can use this meaningful in events if required.

I may have also misunderstood you. Are you suggesting an alert device for each alert as that may create a lot of extra alerts?

I will be posting a BETA in a couple of hours which will have a single alert device per location (if you tick it on) and each alert will be added as a feature - this will hold up to 5 alerts.
                    Once sent to the updater, I’ll post back here to see if this is what you were thinking for alerts, I’ll be interested in your view of how the alert description is shown as I can change the format slightly.

Comment

Hi mik3, BETA 4.0.0.10 is now available in the updater.
                      It allows you t add an alerts device per location if you want and will give you upto 5 alerts.
                      If the alert is for the future, it will show up as an alert (amber). It the alert is happening now, it will show as an active alert (red).
                      There is a summary device which shows if there are alerts and if so are they active alerts or alerts.

Each alert info is shown in the following format:
                      • Alert provider/sender
                      • Alert Type
                      • Time Alert is active from
                      • Time Alert is active to
                      • The alert description

Let me know your thoughts

Click image for larger version

Name:	AlertsDevice.png
Views:	234
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1431610

Name:	AlertsDevice_Features.png
Views:	240
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1431611

Name:	AddAlertDevice.png
Views:	210
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1431612

Comment

Hi mik3, BETA 4.0.0.10 is now available in the updater.
                        It allows you t add an alerts device per location if you want and will give you upto 5 alerts.
                        If the alert is for the future, it will show up as an alert (amber). It the alert is happening now, it will show as an active alert (red).
                        There is a summary device which shows if there are alerts and if so are they active alerts or alerts.

Each alert info is shown in the following format:
                        • Alert provider/sender
                        • Alert Type
                        • Time Alert is active from
                        • Time Alert is active to
                        • The alert description

Let me know your thoughts

Name:	AlertsDevice.png
Views:	234
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1431610

Name:	AlertsDevice_Features.png
Views:	240
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1431611

Name:	AddAlertDevice.png
Views:	210
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1431612
                        This should work fine. My thought was to use one event that watches to see the device change and if it’s not equal to No Alerts. Then the second device can be use with the action, for an example a pushover message.

Comment

That's good and this will give you that effect/option with pushover.
                          You can monitor the device with the address ending in alerts00 - This shows if there are alerts or not for a location. It also shows if the alerts are active (in the time window now).
                          if true, you can send a pushover message carryign the alert by using the replacement variable option within HomeSeer.
                          To get the alert text, you will need to use the string replacement - $$DTAaddress):
                          ​​​​​​​

I try to reduce the amount of devices created to line up (as muchh as ossible) to the HS4 UI design.

Comment

That's good and this will give you that effect/option with pushover.
                            You can monitor the device with the address ending in alerts00 - This shows if there are alerts or not for a location. It also shows if the alerts are active (in the time window now).
                            if true, you can send a pushover message carryign the alert by using the replacement variable option within HomeSeer.
                            To get the alert text, you will need to use the string replacement - $$DTAaddress):

I try to reduce the amount of devices created to line up (as muchh as ossible) to the HS4 UI design.
                            String replacement? I was just thinking of sending the satay contained in the alerts01 in the pushover message...

Comment

Status/String - I'm still thinking HS3 terms 😀
                              Just making sure you know not to use the value as that wont give you the alert description.
                              Sounds like you know what you're doing anyway 😀 so just let me know if it doesnt work as expected

Comment

Working...
                              X