Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
    Status/String - I'm still thinking HS3 terms 😀
    Just making sure you know not to use the value as that wont give you the alert description.
    Sounds like you know what you're doing anyway 😀 so just let me know if it doesnt work as expected
    I see what you mean about no alerts, alerts, active alerts.

I will mess around with this.

thanks again!!

Comment

Maybe I’m not understanding. Why is there multiple alert devices?

Shouldn’t we just need 2 only? One device stating their is an alert and another device contain the alert information. That’s it.

Comment

Some areas will have more than 1 alert hence my confusion about best way to show alerts.
        Sometimes alerts are shown for future days so you may have a current alert for snow and another alert for an upcoming blizard etc.

The alerts / active alerts is my way of trying to show you whats happpening now vs what's coming etc

Comment

Some areas will have more than 1 alert hence my confusion about best way to show alerts.
          Sometimes alerts are shown for future days so you may have a current alert for snow and another alert for an upcoming blizard etc.

The alerts / active alerts is my way of trying to show you whats happpening now vs what's coming etc
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2C110313-A420-4CE0-8732-B2F8FDCAFCEF.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1431745

Would this not give me the current alert? How do I know it will be stored in the first alert information and not the second?

Comment

Short answer is you and I do not know as it depends on how many alerts are report in that location. Openweather will have them as an array.
            As well as having the alerts00 device which can be used as an indicator on a dashobard etc to show you have alerts, each alert feature alert01 - alert05 has a value to show if its carrying an alert.
            • One option is to have 5 events, one of each of the possible alert features using each feature as the trigger
            • Another option is I can add a new feature that will work similar to the alert00 device and I can bring all the text together from all 5 alerts (if they have text) into that feature (alert0A) so you could use the alert00 feature in your event to trigger and then send the pushover message using the status text from the new feature (alert0A)

Comment

Short answer is you and I do not know as it depends on how many alerts are report in that location. Openweather will have them as an array.
              As well as having the alerts00 device which can be used as an indicator on a dashobard etc to show you have alerts, each alert feature alert01 - alert05 has a value to show if its carrying an alert.
              • One option is to have 5 events, one of each of the possible alert features using each feature as the trigger
              • Another option is I can add a new feature that will work similar to the alert00 device and I can bring all the text together from all 5 alerts (if they have text) into that feature (alert0A) so you could use the alert00 feature in your event to trigger and then send the pushover message using the status text from the new feature (alert0A)
              I would say let’s go with option 2 and see how it works?

That seems to be the best way. I would personally need to look at the API to really think about it, but I would say go this route.

Comment

The API doesn't give much info so not super helpful.
                I'm also looking at a somewhat consistent appproach for when I add alerts from NOAA.

Actually, thinking out loud here now, I'll add alert features to the selectable devices that way people can choose themselves how many alert features they want and if they want the sumary devices on/off. Will be better than me picking 5 for everybody 😁

I'll push out a new Beta in a couple of hours with the new features.

Comment

WOW!

Just is great. Really appreciate the extra effort on documentation and video.

Comment

I echo the gratitude from everyone else. For many years I've been wanting a reliable way to automate certain events based on weather. With winter here, rain and cloud is becoming the norm. I'm now able to have my motion sensor lights on even during the day time when it's cloudy out instead of just sunrise/sunset

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                      I echo the gratitude from everyone else. For many years I've been wanting a reliable way to automate certain events based on weather. With winter here, rain and cloud is becoming the norm. I'm now able to have my motion sensor lights on even during the day time when it's cloudy out instead of just sunrise/sunset
                      Can you post one if your events showing how you’re doing this?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201213-154457_Chrome.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1440515In a nutshell I have an event that would trigger a virtual device day or night based on sunrise sunset.

This new event basically say when the sky is not clear, set it to nighttime. When night time is true all my motion lights events are active.

Comment

That's good and this will give you that effect/option with pushover.
                          You can monitor the device with the address ending in alerts00 - This shows if there are alerts or not for a location. It also shows if the alerts are active (in the time window now).
                          if true, you can send a pushover message carryign the alert by using the replacement variable option within HomeSeer.
                          To get the alert text, you will need to use the string replacement - $$DTAaddress):

I try to reduce the amount of devices created to line up (as muchh as ossible) to the HS4 UI design.
                          Can you please help clarify this? I'm trying to grab the Alert text from the openWeather Alert feature and put it in a pushover message body. I tried: $$DTA:alt20210627084216alerts:
                          to get the address of the alert message string, but it's not working. What am I doing wrong? I tried just using the # part of the address. Any ideas/clarity would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X