Feature Request - Editable Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Editable Location

Have you considered letting a Location's Lat/Long be an editable field? This allows us to keep the existing HS4 Devices, the selected Plug-in Features & Devices the Prepend/Append, etc. The major issue this will resolve is having to rebuild all of your HSTouch Elements if you move or adjust your location (text, graphics, moon phase, weather, etc.).

If you haven't guessed, I accidentally entered a wrong Lat/Long value and had to start over from scratch - UGH!

Thanks!

Hi, the Location's Lat/Long are recorded in the rnbWeather.ini.
    Stop Application
    Go to //Config/rnbWeather.ini.
    Search for the location by Name i.e MyCity and the Lat/Long will be there. e.g. MyCity|27.858760|140.696100

Comment

Hi CJVann, as brientim points out, you can change your lat/long in the config file. This is the easiest way. I wont add a way to edit the location after initial setup as I don't dee this as a standard use feature/item and therefore would just clutter the screen with another button.

Thanks

Comment

What happens if I want to move from OpenWeather to NOAA? Any way to keep the same Device References?
        tenholde

Comment

Hi [mention]tenholde [/mention] - no as different weather services have different features. Eg: open weather reports the weather summary using its icons and descriptions and the NOAA services uses a different description and icon set so if if we’re to remap from one service to another, all device pairs would have to be deleted and recreated (as an example).
          As well as this, not every weather service makes the same weather information available eg: Openweather gives average temperature over 4 time periods - morning, afternoon, evening and night. NOAA and YR do not offer this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
            Have you considered letting a Location's Lat/Long be an editable field? This allows us to keep the existing HS4 Devices, the selected Plug-in Features & Devices the Prepend/Append, etc. The major issue this will resolve is having to rebuild all of your HSTouch Elements if you move or adjust your location (text, graphics, moon phase, weather, etc.).

If you haven't guessed, I accidentally entered a wrong Lat/Long value and had to start over from scratch - UGH!

Thanks!
            Hi CJVann, Although I wasn't planning making an existing llocatiion editable, I have now added an option to edit a location. v4.0.0.35 has the edit existing location option.

Comment

Working...
            X