Label overwriting values on creation of new temperature device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label overwriting values on creation of new temperature device

When creating a new device for temperature, by default a label is added to all of the temperature devices which overwrites the actual temperature value. (see screenshot) You can easily remove the label in the 'Status/Graphics' settings to show the temperature value correctly. However, I just wanted to post something since it took me a bit to figure out what was going on.

Hi [mention]LampenAutomation [/mention], I discovered this yesterday and have written the fix (.25). I am just tidying up a couple of other things and doing checking after which I’ll release the version which will fix existing label issues and not add the label in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for including the temperature fix in the next update. I noticed it a couple of days ago and hadn't had a chance to post the issue. You have a nice plugin...good job!

Comment

Hi - it looks like the temperature value is being overwritten by a label "temperature" rather than actual temp value. I am on version .24.

Please see attached.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ferdies View Post
          Hi - it looks like the temperature value is being overwritten by a label "temperature" rather than actual temp value. I am on version .24.

Please see attached.

Thanks.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-plugins/weather-plug-ins-aa/rnbweather-russr999/1461102-label-overwriting-values-on-creation-of-new-temperature-device?p=1461151#post1461151

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
            I discovered this yesterday and have written the fix (.25). I am just tidying up a couple of other things and doing checking after which I’ll release the version which will fix existing label issues and not add the label in future.
            What a nice plugin! Thanks for that!

I just installed it, v4.0.0.24 and I'm having that label thing issue. I was wondering when to expect release .25 instead of having to go thru all temperature labels?

One thing I'd like to mention, after setting up the plugin, I never got data until I stopped and restarted the plugin. Did I miss a piece in the documentation and this is normal?

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post

What a nice plugin! Thanks for that!

I just installed it, v4.0.0.24 and I'm having that label thing issue. I was wondering when to expect release .25 instead of having to go thru all temperature labels?

One thing I'd like to mention, after setting up the plugin, I never got data until I stopped and restarted the plugin. Did I miss a piece in the documentation and this is normal?
              Hi zguy, v.25 has juust been released and should be available in the updater.

I'm looking at your other isse - data not starting until after you stop/start the plugin - Will get back to you on this

Comment

Hi zguy, v.25 has juust been released and should be available in the updater.
                Just installed .27. Temperature label issue is indeed fixed. But some fields that were previously populated are now blank, namely Weather Summary, Day Name, Moon Phase, Pressure, Wind Direction. The "hour" devices also seem to be odd but I didn't had time to check them all. I'm using the OpenWeather service by the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1467275

Speaking of service, the most accurate for my region, Québec Canada, is https://www.meteomedia.com. In the background the data is coming from https://weathersource.com/products/onpoint-api/. Should you be considering another service, I'd love to have this one available. Even willing to shell the cost of a license if need be.

Another unrelated question, initially, I entered a 2 decimals value for longitude/latitude. In the location setup page, once that is set, it doesn't show. It would be nice to be able to adjust that. I managed to update that to a more precise location with 6 decimals by editing the rnbWeather.ini file. Although the plugin restarted without errors, I have no way to be sure this worked since it is not showing. At this point, I'm assuming the change worked but it would be very nice to see/adjust it in the location page.

Again, thanks for that plugin. I had looked at integrating weather since HS2 and had never succeeded to get something reliable so far.

Comment

Hi [mention]zguy [/mention] that’s weird that some of the icons disappeared. I’ll double check but the update shouldn’t have made the icons disappear.

Happy to add weather source into the list of services to be added but can’t say when it will get done yet, only that it will get done. I’ve just checked and it uses an API key so once added, if anybody wanted to use that weather service they would need a valid API key. Pricing looks steep but I may be looking at the wrong or old pricing model.

On the location coordinates, the way I figured it, it is set and forget as it should be a rare rather than. It also use case changing coordinates after you add a location so on this basis it’s unlikely I’ll add a screen to allow you to edit it. For the rare case, editing the ini file is the right/best way to update it. There’s no need to restart the plugin after changing location coordinates as on the next poll it will get the coordinates from the ini. What I could look at doing is to show it in the log (debug log setting) what location coordinates are being used for that location - would this help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi [mention]zguy [/mention] that’s weird that some of the icons disappeared. I’ll double check but the update shouldn’t have made the icons disappear.
                    It's the data that is no longer showing for those fields. The icons are there but corresponding data is blank.

Happy to add weather source into the list of services to be added but can’t say when it will get done yet, only that it will get done. I’ve just checked and it uses an API key so once added, if anybody wanted to use that weather service they would need a valid API key. Pricing looks steep but I may be looking at the wrong or old pricing model.
                    Great! Whenever it happens I'll be happy.

On the location coordinates, the way I figured it, it is set and forget as it should be a rare rather than. It also use case changing coordinates after you add a location so on this basis it’s unlikely I’ll add a screen to allow you to edit it. For the rare case, editing the ini file is the right/best way to update it. There’s no need to restart the plugin after changing location coordinates as on the next poll it will get the coordinates from the ini. What I could look at doing is to show it in the log (debug log setting) what location coordinates are being used for that location - would this help?
                    Agree with the edit. If I hadn't been lazy to start with, I wouldn't have to hunt for it. Yet, I'd be nice to see that in the location definition page rather than in a log file. That definitely is not a main concern though.

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post
                      It's the data that is no longer showing for those fields. The icons are there but corresponding data is blank.
                      Hi zguy, can you test v4.0.0.28 and see if youur data is now back?

Thanks

Comment

Hi zguy, can you test v4.0.0.28 and see if youur data is now back?

Thanks
                        Indeed, data is back. Thanks you.

Comment

Working...
                        X