NOAA Poller: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=106.11.7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOAA Poller: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=106.11.7.0

Receiving this error in the rnbWeather PI.
    NOAA Poller: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=106.11.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The Restsharp.dll that is setting in the HomeSeer HS4\bin\rnb\rnbWeather directory show that it is Version 106.11.7.0

Hi, has this only started happening or has it been this way since you updated?
    Not seen this before as you have the right version in the right folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Started happening after I upgraded to the latest version. I have tried reinstalling PI but did not help.

Comment

Okay, did a search on all locations where the restsharp.dll file exists ( I have several Plugins that use a DLL with that name). I found if I put your version of the DLL in "c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4" directory your PI started working. So it appears that your PI is not using the .DLL in "c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\bin\rnb\rnbWeather" directory.

I don't know if by replacing that DLL it that will cause any issues with other Plugins

Comment

Hi Jim, Did you already have a restsharp.dll file in c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4?
          If yes, then this would be the problem as it means some other plugin author did not correctly put their Dll in its own path (advice from HomeSeer).

The way DLL's load is as below. This behaviour is defined by .NET so nothing we can do to change it:
          • .Net checks if the dll is beside the .exe file (in this case - c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4) > If yes, it uses this
          • .Net will check for the dll in the "probing path" (which is specified in rnbWeather.exe.config) > if yes, it uses this
          There is a chance replacing it will cause the other plugin which put it there to stop working, depending if their plugin requires a particular version of the DLL.

HomeSeer themselves put some of the DLL's into the bin folder (c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\bin) and follow the practice of using the probing path.
          Do you want to send me a list of the plugins you are using, by private message, and I will check which one is putting restsharp.dll into the root directory for you?
          Once we find it, you will need to go back to the plugin author to get them to add the private path. I can show you how to add it yourself in their plugin.exe.config until they update.

One other possibility is if you upgraded a HS3 install to HS4, it might just be an old, not required, file but I doubt this as your path is \HomeSeer HS4\ not \HomeSeer HS3\

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I've replied to your support request and will remove the restsharp version requirement for now from rnbWeather - This may also get you working as I'm not doing anything exotic with restsharp at the moment so the current version you have might be okay!

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
              Hi Jim, Did you already have a restsharp.dll file in c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4?
              If yes, then this would be the problem as it means some other plugin author did not correctly put their Dll in its own path (advice from HomeSeer).

The way DLL's load is as below. This behaviour is defined by .NET so nothing we can do to change it:
              • .Net checks if the dll is beside the .exe file (in this case - c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4) > If yes, it uses this
              • .Net will check for the dll in the "probing path" (which is specified in rnbWeather.exe.config) > if yes, it uses this
              There is a chance replacing it will cause the other plugin which put it there to stop working, depending if their plugin requires a particular version of the DLL.

HomeSeer themselves put some of the DLL's into the bin folder (c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\bin) and follow the practice of using the probing path.
              Do you want to send me a list of the plugins you are using, by private message, and I will check which one is putting restsharp.dll into the root directory for you?
              Once we find it, you will need to go back to the plugin author to get them to add the private path. I can show you how to add it yourself in their plugin.exe.config until they update.

One other possibility is if you upgraded a HS3 install to HS4, it might just be an old, not required, file but I doubt this as your path is \HomeSeer HS4\ not \HomeSeer HS3\

Hope that makes sense.
              My HS4 install was an update of HS3. Copied my HS3 directory to a new PC and renamed the directory to HS4 before upgrading. So that is a possibility

Comment

Hi Jim, when I checked that program yesterday it installed and correctly put the restsharp.dll into bin/AmbientWeather so it looks ike an old install issue.
                • Can you check and see if you have the folder: c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\bin\AmbientWeather
                • Does it also have restsharp.dll?
                If it does not have the folder or if its missing the dll, suggest you install Ambient Weather plugin again from the installer as this will put the correct files in the right place after which you should be able to remove the folllowing files from your root drectory, if they exist:
                • Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                • Newtonsoft.Json.xml
                • RestSharp.dll
                • RestSharp.xml
                • HtmlAgilityPack.dll
                • HtmlAgilityPack.xml
                • websocket-sharp.dll
                • websocket-sharp.xml
                This should prevent further issues for you with other plugins you add over time.

Comment

Working...
                X