Barometric Pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barometric Pressure?

Did I miss an option for rnbWeather to display the barometric pressure and direction (falling, steady, rising)? NOAA reports it in the "other" plugin.
    rnbWeather looks like a winner so far.

Here the Davis console and the Meteostick provides this...plus best for a visual is this which I have next to my old Regulator clock...which is set to the NTP server / GPS with PPS signal......this picture is of a replicate...drive wife nuts here as all of my touchscreens show time screen savers and have a bunch of old clocks here (1800's)....

Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1484221

.you really want local barometric pressure as it varies..

Name:	pressure.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1484220

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here is a local Davis that I tapped in to ..mostly to compare my weather station to another one...

http://isurus.mote.org/weather/newpa...s_Weather.html

It is an old Davis Weather station...thinking that it does report over to NOAA...except the NOAA personal weather station DB is a mess and has never really been fixed....

Called them one day to move a Manatee that decided to live under my boat dock....The Manatee destroyed the dock and I had to have it rebuilt....along with the sea wall....many many years ago....nice bunch working there....they used a crane boat....never seen one of these....

Click image for larger version  Name:	FireShot Capture 007 - Current Weather Conditions at New Pass, Sarasota, Florida - isurus.mote.org.png Views:	0 Size:	564.5 KB ID:	1484225Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Capture 008 - Index of _weather_newpass - isurus.mote.org.png
Views:	109
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	1484226
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Per Pete - Yup - I will likely get a Davis. But in the meantime, just use one of the available plugins to access the local NOAA data. Doe this plugin support the barometric pressure from NOAA?

Comment

The website above is very primitive and the data is live. I would use one of Jon00 plugins to screen scrape the date from the website.

Looking for the old NOAA weather stations db with live data...it is still there someplace....NOAA pools this data....

Then create a barometric variable in Homeseer. I only know that this would work with WeatherXML...not sure about MBWeather...

Base today for WeatherXML is NOAA and its been working fine...the data is massaged by the time you get to it...so it is better to get the data from the source that NOAA uses....the older SD pictures from the NOAA satellites were downloaded via SDRadio / RPi and antenna in the attic....they were very fax like looking...new HD NOAA satellites are very nice pictures and you can also download these same way....

For NOAA satellite images I used to use Unisys weather....now just go directly to satellite image directory and get updated by the minute HD images ....regular or massaged....

Click image for larger version  Name:	GOES16-CGL-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif Views:	0 Size:	8.6 KB ID:	1484240

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...OR-600x600.gif

Check out the hxxps://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/

These are all live saved images every few seconds...
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you, Pete! Always good info. But I'm still looking for an option in rnbWeather to display the barometric pressure and direction (falling, steady, rising). I want to give the rnbWeather plugin a try until I make a final decision on which way I'll eventually end up.

Comment

Installed it on my new HS4 box which is really not production yet...I see that there Barometrics...air pressure but no numbers....thinking it is coming soon.....

Name:	weather.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1484328

Looking at the WeatherXML stuff (works fine on HS4) and it does show barometer...

Current
              Overcast
              Temperature 74° F
              Feels Like 69° F
              Humidity 69%
              Dewpoint 63° F
              Visibility 10 mi
              Barometer 30 in: Steady
              Wind Speed North at 13 mph
              Updated 07/16/2021 01:53 PM
              HomeSeer Updated 07/16/2021 03:00 PM

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                ...plus best for a visual is this which I have next to my old Regulator clock.....this picture is of a replica...drive wife nuts here as all of my touchscreens show time screen savers and have a bunch of old clocks here (1800's)....

Name:	regulator.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1484221

.you really want local barometric pressure as it varies..

Name:	pressure.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1484220
                Now that's pretty amusing Pete! This is TOTALLY something I would do to the significant other (her)! LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                X