Frequent warnings & errors in log - NOAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent warnings & errors in log - NOAA

Russ, I see these warnings regularly, though not at any identifiable interval. Is it something I should be concerned about? Something on NOAA's end? The warnings occur throughout every day; the errors are much less common. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	1493512
    -Wade

Hi Wade, it seems to be something on NOAA end in their API. If I can get it, I can request them to check their logs for the correlation I’d but from memory, I need to contact them within a few hours to get them to check.
    Let me open an issue on their GitHub and then after that I’ll prob need to get some of these errors as soon as possible after then happen.

I do see it as a problem as it means it didn’t get the data from NOAA this time and like you said, it’s hit and miss when it occurs.

I’m also interested in the error you got as I’ve not seen that before. Is that the first time you’ve seen this error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are the errors logged since 8/1/21.

Name:	Capture.rnbPNG.PNG
Views:	194
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	1493594
      -Wade

Comment

I also keep getting this error on all my NOAA locations (These are just a few):

HTML Code:
        10/14/2021 9:47:50 AM
        rnbWeather
        Error
        NOAA (DFW Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.2d9733b8.1634222870.676c434c

10/14/2021 9:48:27 AM
        rnbWeather
        Error
        NOAA (HNL Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.249733b8.1634222907.90dbcdc

10/14/2021 9:48:18 AM
        rnbWeather
        Error
        NOAA (JNU Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.9f04f17.1634222899.6c396ffd

10/14/2021 9:48:01 AM
        rnbWeather
        Error
        NOAA (SLC Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.359733b8.1634222881.11cb71cd
        This docent happen all the time but does happen daily.

I'm currently running 4.2.0.0 Plugin and 4.2.5.0 Homeseer

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaQuest View Post

HTML Code:
          rnbWeather
          Error
          NOAA (DFW Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.2d9733b8.1634222870.676c434c

rnbWeather
          Error
          NOAA (HNL Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.249733b8.1634222907.90dbcdc

rnbWeather
          Error
          NOAA (JNU Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.9f04f17.1634222899.6c396ffd

rnbWeather
          Error
          NOAA (SLC Airport) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: >>Response>>> Error An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.359733b8.1634222881.11cb71cd

I still get this from time to time, too.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1502276
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaQuest View Post

HTML Code:
            rnbWeather
            Error

rnbWeather
            Error

rnbWeather
            Error

rnbWeather
            Error

That happens when it doesnt understand the reponse.
            Can you set rnbbWeather Logging to Trace and leave it run for a bit. After you see this error 2 or 3 times, can you download the log and send it to me to review whats causing this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Wade,

Is there any chance you set rnbbWeather Logging to Trace and leave it run for a bit. After you see this error 2 or 3 times, can you download the log and send it to me to review whats causing this?
              I want to try get this sorted/closed.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
                Hi Wade,

Is there any chance you set rnbbWeather Logging to Trace and leave it run for a bit. After you see this error 2 or 3 times, can you download the log and send it to me to review whats causing this?

Thanks
                Sure. I've set logging to trace and will watch for that error.

Immediately got a few of these after setting to trace. Any concern? I only ask because it's in red typeface like an error.

Views:	131
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1502904
                -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

Sure. I've set logging to trace and will watch for that error.

Immediately got a few of these after setting to trace. Any concern? I only ask because it's in red typeface like an error.

Views:	131
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1502904
                  Hi Wade, no concern. HS4 shows text in red if it contains the word error. This trace message shows response error message in the text as a header so HS4 makes it red - not really an error so shouldn't be red. I might change the text to be err0r - that might make HS leave it as normal text

Comment

Hi Wade,

Thanks
                    Russ, I've only seen the error once since setting logging to trace. Thought I'd go ahead and send you the log as I won't have another chance for several days, but I can't find it. Where does rnbWeather save its log? Not seeing it under <HS root>/Logs.
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

Russ, I've only seen the error once since setting logging to trace. Thought I'd go ahead and send you the log as I won't have another chance for several days, but I can't find it. Where does rnbWeather save its log? Not seeing it under /Logs.
                      Hi Wade, there is no seperate log. It puts everything into the HomeSeer log. The different log settings in rnbWeather just determine how much detail is logged.

To get the log, you will need to go to the HomeSeer log and click export. To reduce the log export, you can specify in the filters the time range to show/export

Thanks

Comment

Hi Wade, there is no seperate log. It puts everything into the HomeSeer log. The different log settings in rnbWeather just determine how much detail is logged.

To get the log, you will need to go to the HomeSeer log and click export. To reduce the log export, you can specify in the filters the time range to show/export

Thanks

Ok. If I filter to "from rnbWeather" will it get everything you need?
                        -Wade

Comment

Yes, should do

Comment

PM'd you the log.
                            -Wade

Comment

Working...
                            X