MeteoBridge Support and Cumulus Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeteoBridge Support and Cumulus Support

Wondering if you can add Meteobridge (via IP) and Cumulus (via realtime.txt file) support to your plugin @russr999

Here have two configurations.

1 - old configuration here was a buffered serial cable (purchased from Australia many many years ago) which goes from the console to Cumulus which generates a text file that is read by Jon00's Cumulus script (plugin) and worked with last version (for windows) of WeatherXML

2 - newer configuration using a Meteobridge / Meteostick. I have had the Meteostick for years but never connected it. Originally was going to utilize it with WeatherWX and configured it this way for another HS user a few years back. The Meteobridge works by connecting to a buffered serial cable to console or via the Meteostick.
    An IP connection to the Meteobridge provides live data.

Cumulus will work these days with the direct connect to the serial buffered cable and Meteobridge.

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Hi Pete,

Happy to add. I’m just finishing UK met office and weatherlink. Then looking to quickly add the Canadian weather service. Will look at this at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you russr999

No rush as I am still using HS4(3) WeatherXML, Jon's Cumulus Plugin.

New now is the Meteostick/Meteobridge and also purchased the Davis WLL device.

HS4 server is running HS4, Home Assistant, Oracle VB of W7E and Cumulus.

I am in to weather a bit here and have an RPI / SDR / antenna in the attic downloading older style NOAA weather maps. I want to go to HD maps without using the internet.

Raspberry Pi NOAA Weather Satellite Receiver

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Added the Davis Weather Link device here today October 8th 2021 such that I can test now with:

1 - Meteobridge / Meteostick - Ethernet connected to network - Works great on an OpenWRT router * it can run wired or wireless which I like.
        2 - CumulusMX - using a buffered serial cable to Davis Console (in basement) - Cumulus is running on the HS4 Pro box
        3 - Davis WLL device Ethernet connected to network - which has a direct connect to ISS and it can run wired or wireless which I like. I was hoping that the device has a direct connect web interface.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Added the Davis Weather Link device here today October 8th 2021 such that I can test now with:

1 - Meteobridge / Meteostick - Ethernet connected to network - Works great on an OpenWRT router * it can run wired or wireless which I like.
          2 - CumulusMX - using a buffered serial cable to Davis Console (in basement) - Cumulus is running on the HS4 Pro box
          3 - Davis WLL device Ethernet connected to network - which has a direct connect to ISS and it can run wired or wireless which I like. I was hoping that the device has a direct connect web interface.
          Pete, Can he get data for the plugin from Cumulus by an IP address to the box running Cumulus? My HS4 and the Cumulus will be separate appliances. IP easier for me than having to run Cumulus on the same HS4 box for his plugin to be able to read the Cumulus.txt file.

Comment

Data from CumulusMX comes in the form of a realtime.txt file. So you can share the directory of Cumulus to HS4 via Samba, NFS, SSH or SFTP or grab it from the Web page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	realtime.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1501931

Website 1 or 1 & 2

dub dub dub / internet host / realtime.txt

This is the original way I used Cumulus with a weather station in FL and another one here in IL and also the way that Adam wrote the Cumulus plugin which Jon00 took over and the way Jeff Farmer was getting input from CumulusMX. Put both CumulusMX instances on one web host.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Perfect! I already use CIFS shares to capture my HS4 backups to my NAS and then send them to the cloud for another layer of backup.

Comment

Personally I like the CumulusWx website running on an Apache host on the internet / home more than what Davis provides (free or paid). That is me.

Creating a mobile web template for CumulusMX is no big deal these days.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X