Future Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Request

Is it possible make the openweather alarm text shorter? I deploy to hstouch everything work fine but those alarm text fill up the screen. If the text such as shower, rain, heavy rain something like that will better on the hstouch. Thanks.

Originally posted by Ken.238 View Post
    Is it possible make the openweather alarm text shorter? I deploy to hstouch everything work fine but those alarm text fill up the screen. If the text such as shower, rain, heavy rain something like that will better on the hstouch. Thanks.
    Why not just set the element on the HSTouch screen to "marquee?" The text will automatically scroll but only IF it's bigger than the width of the element. Give it a try...

Click image for larger version

Name:	marque.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1516765

Comment

The alarm text can go up to half page text if he can make simple text as dense fog like this morning. I believe you see that since you are at Tampa, FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken.238 View Post
        The alarm text can go up to half page text if he can make simple text as dense fog like this morning. I believe you see that since you are at Tampa, FL.
        But how can the author's code determine how much and what it needs to delete from the alarm message? Isn't the text of the alarm provided by the openweather data provide and could vary? I'm asking because I'm currently in the process of designing my first weather screen for HSTouch. Thanks!

Comment

I understand that but if he can let the user define it. I think it will work out well.

Comment

Working...
          X