Setup page error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup page error

"Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Beta 4.2.0.11 with HS4 v. 4.2.11.0.
    By the way, I tried submitting this through the app, but it failed (something like missing json file or such). Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Hi Richel,

On submitting through the app - there seems to be issues for some and not others. I did find that it worked perfectly on Ubunutu (Linux) but not on Debian (Linux) which is weird but anyway, I've done a major rewrite of a lot of rnbweather code and the support section is one of those areas so it should work for you from the next beta release.

Did you get that error on opening the setup page or were you doing a particular step?

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
      Hi Richel,

On submitting through the app - there seems to be issues for some and not others. I did find that it worked perfectly on Ubunutu (Linux) but not on Debian (Linux) which is weird but anyway, I've done a major rewrite of a lot of rnbweather code and the support section is one of those areas so it should work for you from the next beta release.

Did you get that error on opening the setup page or were you doing a particular step?
      Thanks. It occurs when opening the "settings" option from the plug in. I am using Windows 10.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Just realized I have the same problem. HS V4.2.11.0 on Linux. Overview and Location pages work, but Settings now gives me "Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Can't find any further details in the logs.

I've been getting a lot of errors from the plugin lately (I have HS send me alerts when there are errors in the log) which is why I was trying to get into Settings.

rnbWeather: NOAA (Home) Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. >>>Response>>> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY> An error occurred while processing your request.<p> Reference #102.349733b8.1651064752.3a7a302c </BODY></HTML>

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Thanks. It occurs when opening the "settings" option from the plug in. I am using Windows 10.
          Hi Richel, i've just released v4.2.1.0 (BETA) - can you let me know if you can access the settings page again?

Thanks

Comment

I'm able to get into the Settings page again after upgrading to 4.2.1.0 (Debian/RasPi).

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post

Hi Richel, i've just released v4.2.1.0 (BETA) - can you let me know if you can access the settings page again?

Thanks
              Works! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X