Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish List: Add "°C / °F" to Temperature and "h / am / pm" to Hour for Hourly Forecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish List: Add "°C / °F" to Temperature and "h / am / pm" to Hour for Hourly Forecast

I have several weather screens in HSTouch where I use quite a few temperatures and the time for hourly forecast. It would be nice if the text for the "Temperature" feature could optionally be appended with °​C or °​F (or maybe whatever the user inputs in a configuration field). Otherwise I have to add a separate text field after each temperature that adds the "°​F".

The same goes for the time. Right now my hourly forecast just show something like 4, 7, 10, 13. It's kind of confusing what this is without adding an 'h' like 4h, 7h, 10h, 13h (for people using 24h) or 4am, 7am, 10am, 1pm (for people using 12h).

Of course not everyone might want that so all this should be optional (that way it also keeps behaving the same when the new version comes around with this change).

You can do both of these today.
    To append the "F" to the temperature go to the Status/Graphics for the feature and edit the "options" for the "Edit Status/Graphics" pair listed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 11.26.30 AM.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1593520

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 11.26.46 AM.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1593521

To convert the hour from 1-24 to 1am, noon, midnight etc edit the status/graphics to something like this:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 11.27.31 AM.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1593522

Jon00 Status Graphics Editor for Homeseer 4​ is a great tool to copy the changes from the first hour feature to all the others.

All of these changes will be passed into HSTouch screens as long as in the Association you use "Status Text" and not "Value"

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 11.43.52 AM.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1593523Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 11.42.20 AM.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1593524​​

Comment

johnpeterson Thank you! I didn't think about this and didn't know about Jon00's Status Graphics Editor.

Having said that, it would still be pretty neat if that could be done directly in the plugin rather than having to use Jon00's utility to apply this to dozens of features.

Comment

So I tried this and I can navigate to the page [IP Address]/Jon00SGEditor.html but I don't see the button Jon00 Graphic Editor in the Status/Graphics section of the device. See attachment. The readmefirst file didn't say much except for a version history.

Also, how do you copy states using his editor?

Name:	chrome_81IMDYe1hP.png
Views:	156
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1595316

Comment

The button is only added if you add the entry in the startup.vb script as detailed at the bottom of page 1 in the docs ( located in the docs folder in the zip)

If you go to [IP Address]/Jon00SGEditor.html, you can select the device you want to change directly.
          Jon

Comment

jon00 Thanks for pointing out the documentation. The button wasn't added despite me copying it directly from the documentation and just before End Sub and restarting HS4. It's fine, though as I can just use the website.

Comment

Hi mulu, rnbWeather has the option built in - if you use other methods rnbWeather will always overwrite them.
              If you goto rnbWeather under plugins, then Location/Devices and select the location you want to edit - enter a value in the append box for the measure you want and click save - see screenshot below.
              (sorry about the delay in answering - was absent with personal stuff)

Name:	appendoption.png
Views:	86
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1611235

Name:	featuresappended.png
Views:	65
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1611236

Comment

Thank you!!