Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bond (and the plugin) support DirecTV boxes with RF remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Bond (and the plugin) support DirecTV boxes with RF remote?

I don't see any evidence on the Bond webpage that it works for anything other than ceiling fans and blinds (and they specifically do not mention set top boxes). Does the Bond device and this plugin support communicating via RF to DirecTV boxes? THe reason I need this is that once a DirecTV box is turned off, the DirecTV plugin can no longer access it. So while the DirecTV plugin is fine, it lacks this one capability of being able to turn the device on. I am hoping to fill that gap with this device and plugin, probably just using this device to turn the boxes on (and for ceiling fans that I also have) and the DirecTV plugin for everything else. The Broadlink RF device specifically says that it does support set top boxes, but I don't see a plugin for it on Homeseer. I tried changing the DirectV to RF (and then there are plenty of solutions), but it appeared to ignore that configuration change. I have also tried the Moen Tuya device (which I think will work, though I have not actually tried it with DirecTV), but, unfortunately, the plugin for it does not yet support set top boxes. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
    I don't see any evidence on the Bond webpage that it works for anything other than ceiling fans and blinds (and they specifically do not mention set top boxes). Does the Bond device and this plugin support communicating via RF to DirecTV boxes? Thanks in advance,
    Pete
    Hi Pete, I don't think so, but you better ask on Bond forum https://forum.bondhome.io/ - they are very helpful.

Comment

Working...
    X