New controls created on HS4 restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New controls created on HS4 restart

Have had to restart HS4 several times lately and it appears that every time I do additional devices get created .... here is snippet of the last HS log filtered down to the PI and a screen shot of the devices.

Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-23 14_27_08-Devices.png
Views:	150
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	1458353

It looks like only the FanSpeed is duplicated?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      It looks like only the FanSpeed is duplicated?
      Yes that is correct

Comment

Interesting. And their Address field is the same? Because I check if device exists using the unique Address.

Comment

Interesting. And their Address field is the same? Because I check if device exists using the unique Address.
          Yes it does appear that is true.....

I can dig deeper if you like to see anything specific.

Chris

I just rebooted .... here is the log entries in total for Bond and a device list showing a new item created at boot time in log

Attached Files

Comment

Nothing wrong in the log. There's a bug in HS4 when it doesn't find some device by address https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/issues/161

Can you please post the device address as string (the image is hard to read) - I will temporary add some workaround for this. Also I may add some extra logging for this device to help troubleshooting the bug.

Comment

Please try ver 4.0.0.11 (BETA) - I remember adding the workaround for this bug (for another plugin) - but not sure if it was included in ver 4.0.0.10

Comment

Can you also post a screenshot of Status/Graphics config page for this device

Comment

Installed beta - on restart another speed device was created - ZZDF77877.6adba404.FanSpeed - Screen shot to follow

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                    Installed beta - on restart another speed device was created - ZZDF77877.6adba404.FanSpeed - Screen shot to follow
                    Sorry.... does NOT appear that a new one was created on restart

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_99270.png
Views:	128
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	1458805

Comment

Screenshot looks ok. So is it working?

Comment

Screenshot looks ok. So is it working?
                          Yes, the beta seems to have fixed the issue. No new devices created when re-booted.

Thank you,

Chris

Comment

Ah, ok, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                              Yes, the beta seems to have fixed the issue. No new devices created when re-booted.
                              Chris
                              Hi Chris, I found the core of the issue. The overlapping StatusGraphics was causing problem in HS. In latest HS 4.1.14.0 they added more checks for that, but I also have to make changes in my plugins.

See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...49#post1462549

You see in your screenshot you have range 1 - 3, but also separate entries for 2 and 3?

I suggest you delete all FanSpeed (child devices) and start the new plugin 4.0.0.13 - it will create proper StatusGraphics entries.

Comment

Working...
                              X