Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bond Bridge Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Bond Bridge Pro

    Bond is shipping new "Bond Bridge Pro". Do you know if your plugin will support it?
    BOND Home (zendesk.com)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_100311.png
Views:	195
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1465132

    #2
    Well if I’d doesn’t support IR I’m not to interested. The only thing I use mine for is IR. Everything I have that’s RF there is already a plugin for or other ways to control them without Bond.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      Well if I’d doesn’t support IR I’m not to interested. The only thing I use mine for is IR. Everything I have that’s RF there is already a plugin for or other ways to control them without Bond.
      I agree, the value is IR control. Not sure why they would have dropped it.
      James

      Running HS 3 on Win10 .

      Comment


        #4
        I thought the reason somebody wanted bond because it had a broader range of RF frequencies that it supports. For IR there are multiple alternatives.

        Comment


          #5
          It was nice to use the AKBond plugin but I guess I’ll buy a cheap Tuya one and see if the HS4 plugin will work or just route commands through Alexa and virtual switches

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            I thought the reason somebody wanted bond because it had a broader range of RF frequencies that it supports. For IR there are multiple alternatives.
            You do have a point. I do use it mostly to manage my ceiling fans.
            James

            Running HS 3 on Win10 .

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
              Bond is shipping new "Bond Bridge Pro". Do you know if your plugin will support it?
              BOND Home (zendesk.com)
              They sent me the new Bond, so yes, I will support it. When? Not sure. Depends on how much different it is. Hopefully it's the same API.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                It was nice to use the AKBond plugin but I guess I’ll buy a cheap Tuya one and see if the HS4 plugin will work or just route commands through Alexa and virtual switches
                You have to understand the main difference of Bond comparing to other RF devices.

                1. The wide range of RF frequencies - it's not fixed 433MHz, when it's learning commands from other remotes it scans different frequencies too.

                The Bond Bridge supports devices that are controlled by RF remotes within the radio frequency range of 300-450mhz and IR devices that uses 38kHz OOK modulation. You may locate the FCC ID at the back of your remote.
                2. Also, they have big database of the devices (based on FCC ID) which allows to create controls (and HS devices automatically). Without need to learn every command separately.

                3. They even support some rolling code protocols (i.e. Somfy) - which nobody else is able to support.

                Obviously it's one-of-the-kind device, and a lot of research went into it. And RF hardware for variable frequencies is obviously more expensive, not like cheap fixed 433MHz receivers which you can get for $2.

                And regarding IR control - none of my users ever used it, the main Bond point is unique RF control. It's used mostly for ceiling fans, fireplaces and windows shades/shutters - none of these devices employ IR. Which is a good thing because with RF you need only one Bond per house, when IR should be in each room.

                Comment


                  #9
                  And BTW, a lot of windows shutters/blinds controllers from many manufacturers use internally Somfy protocol. I was surprised myself when I found that my French Simu remote I could replace with Bond:

                  https://forum.bondhome.io/t/simu-rem...-shutters/1293

                  And BTW, look at the support Bond provide - they reply same day, not like HST support....

                  In short - you get what you pay for.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                    It was nice to use the AKBond plugin but I guess I’ll buy a cheap Tuya one and see if the HS4 plugin will work or just route commands through Alexa and virtual switches
                    Another Bond strength - local control.

                    With Tuya you depend on Internet and their servers. Do I need to explain what it means?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                      Another Bond strength - local control.

                      With Tuya you depend on Internet and their servers. Do I need to explain what it means?
                      You are right Bond is great, so great that I’m going to replace 4 electric fire places and three ceiling fans so I have a RF controller to run them! I’m looking at spending thousands to replace them, not going to happen. BTY I think the change over is already happening anyway. I lost wifi on one of my bridges so I had to add IR devices back, no can do. You are correct their support is excellent and I have been working with them for a week now without any luck. They have elevated this to level three now and I haven’t heard back from them yet. Hopefully they can find a fix, we’ll see what happens and I’ll let you know.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	FD7ECADD-FD8C-4513-81B7-CD44670FDC30.png
Views:	187
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1465190

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thanks, Alex... glad to hear you are working on it. Bond is the only RF controller I've identified that supports the RF Frequency of 2 of my ceiling fans... one at 303.946 MHz and one at 302.739MHz... most controllers (e.g. RM4) start at 305 MHZ.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post

                          You are right Bond is great, so great that I’m going to replace 4 electric fire places and three ceiling fans so I have a RF controller to run them! I’m looking at spending thousands to replace them, not going to happen. BTY I think the change over is already happening anyway. I lost wifi on one of my bridges so I had to add IR devices back, no can do. You are correct their support is excellent and I have been working with them for a week now without any luck. They have elevated this to level three now and I haven’t heard back from them yet. Hopefully they can find a fix, we’ll see what happens and I’ll let you know.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	FD7ECADD-FD8C-4513-81B7-CD44670FDC30.png
Views:	187
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1465190
                          I suspect you are a bit sarcastic? Not sure I understand what exactly happened - so one of your bridges stopped working? If you want, PM me more details and I'll try to help with them.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            OK so here's the deal. I have two bridges one up stairs 2- fireplaces and 1 ceiling fan and one downstairs 2 fireplaces and two fans. The upstairs bridge was using on an old wifi access point and I upgraded my ASUS mesh upstairs with another ASUS mesh router. I have probably 50 wifi devices (all 2.4) of all types up there connecting to the mesh no issues but I had hell getting the Bond to connect to the ASUS mesh. I even went back to the old wifi access point it was using and it didn't like that anymore either. Finally I have the Bond connected to the ASUS mesh after many hours screwing with it. The one thing that changed was that Bond support had me upgrade the firmware and iOS app (running Bond App version V2.30.0 Firmware v2.15.8.1) to the latest and greatest. When I was having all the issues they had me do a factory reset as well. My iPhone/iPad are running 14.4.1. So bottom line is the screen shot above is when I try to add an IR device and in the advanced settings I select IR and when I hit Save that's what I get. There is no adding from there and Auto doesn't work. Like I said I have been working with Bond support (chatting and emailing since March 19th) and they are trying to figure it out. We'll see what happens. My Bridge is a first generation I guess as I have been with Bond for a long time as well as using the HS plugin since HS3.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
                              Bond is shipping new "Bond Bridge Pro". Do you know if your plugin will support it?
                              Ver 4.0.0.14 (BETA) - Bond Bridge Pro support

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X