Question about Voice Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Voice Control

I just set up the Bond Hub and the plug-in with my ceiling fan and am very pleased/impressed with how easy it all works.

My question is - if I want to use Alexa and/or Google voice commands, should I set up the voice commands within the device settings in HS or should I set it up in the Bond app?

Thanks!

Originally posted by skidiver View Post
    I just set up the Bond Hub and the plug-in with my ceiling fan and am very pleased/impressed with how easy it all works.

My question is - if I want to use Alexa and/or Google voice commands, should I set up the voice commands within the device settings in HS or should I set it up in the Bond app?

Thanks!
    You can do both, they are independent. In my view Bond app is more direct.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've been playing with different setups over the week and can't get Alexa to see the most of the HS voice commands for Bond. Other devices are configured and working but not the Bond commands.

I've disabled both Alexa skills and deleted all of the devices from the Alexa app... then I enabled only the HomeSeer skill and did another scan.... it only found the on/off commands for my ceiling fan (there are many more) and didn't find my window fan at all.

The Bond skill is working fine but, I did testing when the ceiling fan was discovered and, at least for me, the HS Alexa commands seem to be faster.

I'll be fine if I have to continue on with the Bond Alexa commands but, I'm wondering if you think this is an issue with the plug-in or HS4?

Either way, the plug-in is working great as far as HS concerned and I'll gladly be registering.

Thanks again for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by skidiver View Post
        I'll be fine if I have to continue on with the Bond Alexa commands but, I'm wondering if you think this is an issue with the plug-in or HS4?
        I'll check

Comment

I have just installed a trial of the Bond plugin for HS4. I tested with a ceiling fan. It created 4 devices in Homeseer and they seem to work from Homeseer. I am trying to use Alexa to change the speed and it does not seem to work. I say "Alexa, Master Bedroom Fan Speed 3", it just replies back and says "Master Bedroom Fan Power doesn't support that.".

My friend has Homeseer 3 and the Bond plugin. His seems to work fine when using that command, although he has a different type of fan.

I do see I can set whatever speed I want from an event. Just wondering why I can't use Alexa. Same goes for Fan Direction.

Attached some screenshots so you can see what I have.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.png
Views:	152
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1501721

Name:	Pic2.png
Views:	129
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1501722

Name:	Pic3.png
Views:	130
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1501723

Comment

zakrzep Have you turned on and set up voice commands in HomeSeer for each feature you want to command? Have you also added the HomeSeer skill in Alexa (and rescanned for it to find the new device/features)?

As I wrote above, I'm having a problem with Alexa recognizing most of the voice commands that I've set up in HS. I'm not sure if it's an issue with HS or the plug-in (I'm leaning towards the plug-in because all my other voice commands are working fine).

Alternatively, have you installed the Bond Skill in Alexa? That has been working fine for me. I would just prefer to use the HS commands because (contrary to logic), in my testing, the HS commands seem to trigger slightly quicker.

NOTE: There are two HomeSeer Alexa skills and two Bond Alexa skills..... make sure to use the correct ones (HomeSeer SmartHome NOT HomeSeer Home Automation Skill and Bond Home NOT Bond Bridge).

Comment

I can't see how it can be plugin issue? Plugin has nothing to do with voice control.

May be if you can show me exactly one command example which doesn't work, and one command example which does work - I can dig deeper...

Comment

It's not that the voice commands don't work, the HS Alexa skill isn't even recognizing that they exist. When I remove the HS skill, enable it again, and do a scan, it finds and adds all my HS voice commands except for the Bond devices.

I don't see how it is the plugin either but, I have voice controls for almost every device and the Bond devices are the only one that the HS skill doesn't see (as I mentioned, it isn't a big deal because the Bond Skill works but, it is puzzling).

Not sure if Zakrzep is having a similar problem or, if they don't have it configured correctly.

Comment

So, you enable Alexa control for some Bond HS devices, then do the scan - and it doesn't see them? Not single Bond device?

Comment

It only sees the Ceiling Fan Power... it is missing speed, direction, light power, and brightness. Is also missing an entire 2nd device (Window fan).

Everything is in HomeSeer and working great... Alexa doesn't acknowledge them (except for the power) unless I use the Bond Skill. As I previously mentioned, I have Voice Commands for most of my other HS devices and Alexa has them all.

Comment

So it does see one device? Consistently the same device?

Comment

I only tried it twice but, yes... the one feature/command on the one device

Comment

alexbk66, See my post #5 above. It sounds like I am having the same issue as "skidiver". I have an example command I say to change the speed. You can see my screenshots of the devices and all are voice enabled. I did install the Bond Home skill and that seemed to be a work around by bypassing Homeseer, although I see the status is updated in Homeseer which is good.

Here are only devices I see in Alexa for the fan. I don't see FanSpeed or Direction from Homeseer.

Comment

I just found out that my friend on HS3 in which I thought was working correctly, does in fact have the Bond Home skill installed as well. I checked his devices in Homeseer and noticed that they are not even set for voice enable, so it must be also working via the Bond Home skill.

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                              Here are only devices I see in Alexa for the fan. I don't see FanSpeed or Direction from Homeseer.
                              And I assume FanSpeed or Direction have Alexa voice control enabled?

Comment

Working...
                              X