• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPUP active polling disabled message in log

Hi Alex,

My log is getting inundated with this message:

[1031]: Since BPUP is working - no need for polling, disabling

1) Is there a problem, for the plugin appears to be working fine otherwise?
    2) If it isn't a problem, then can I suppress this message?

Regards,
    Sami

Originally posted by sami View Post
    Hi Alex,

My log is getting inundated with this message:

[1031]: Since BPUP is working - no need for polling, disabling

1) Is there a problem, for the plugin appears to be working fine otherwise?
    2) If it isn't a problem, then can I suppress this message?

Regards,
    Sami
    Hi Sami,
    It's good when BPUP (Bond Push UDP Protocol) is working, it means that Bond can send notifications to the plugin without polling.
    But normally you should get the message only once after BPUP connects. Since you get the message often - means that it looses connection, then re-connects.

Can you please copy more messages, and may be the screenshot of the log, also screenshot of your Bond Settings screen, and also output from Tools => Help

Comment

Hi @Sami,

Thanks for the info. You are on HS4, but using HS3 AKBond?

In HS4 version I made many improvements, please consider upgrading.

BTW, you have pollution in the log from Z-Wave plugin, you need to go through each device settings and tick "Do Not Log"

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-14 (3).png Views:	0 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	1545016

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Alex.

I upgraded to the HS4 plugin for AKBond. However, I must have done something wrong for it is not able to initialize properly. Maybe some trash left over from the HS3 plugin?

Kind regards,
        Sami
        Attached Files

Comment

Alex, These are the files in the HS4 directory related to the plugin.
          Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't find CreateVar which is a function in HS PlugnSdk.dll
            What's you HS version? Please post output from Tools => Help

[EDIT]
            CreateVar was added in PlugnSdk.dll 9 Feb 2021

Comment

Hi Alex, Thanks for quickly getting back to me. I was able to update HS4. I has been running it as a task on boot up, so I ran it one time manually and got the update available notification.

The plugin appears to have initialized, but none of the devices are accessible from the browser. I am sending you the screen captures through PM.

As well, I notice that "Manage" under Plugins is showing both the HS3 & HS4 plugins as being installed.

I could remove and re-install the HS4 plugin, but the HS3 plugin does not give an uninstall/remove option. Also, I have several Bond devices referenced throughout. Wouldn't removing the plugins erase them all? That would be a BIG pain.

Kind regards,
              Sami

Comment

Originally posted by sami View Post
                Hi Alex, Thanks for quickly getting back to me. I was able to update HS4. I has been running it as a task on boot up, so I ran it one time manually and got the update available notification.

The plugin appears to have initialized, but none of the devices are accessible from the browser. I am sending you the screen captures through PM.

As well, I notice that "Manage" under Plugins is showing both the HS3 & HS4 plugins as being installed.

I could remove and re-install the HS4 plugin, but the HS3 plugin does not give an uninstall/remove option. Also, I have several Bond devices referenced throughout. Wouldn't removing the plugins erase them all? That would be a BIG pain.

Kind regards,
                Sami
                Uninstalling the HS3 plugin doesn't delete the devices. What do you mean "none of the devices are accessible from the browser"?

[EDIT]

That's what you mean? Please enable Log for devices, I need more info...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_112564.png
Views:	92
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1545584

Comment

Alex, What kind of log entries would you like to see? Plugin startup? Idling? etc. None of the devices you see there on the screen capture have any controls active, except the Bridge.Light so I am unable to do anything with the devices.

Kind regards,
                  Sami

I will tell you that when I upgraded to the HS4 plugin, I just installed it from the plugins menu. I did not delete or do anything with the old HS3 plugin before doing so.

Comment

I'm not sure what logs you can provide, but you can filter the log by plugin (FROM FILTER) and post anything which can help. For now I have no idea what's happening.

I can't remember about installing the plugin on top of HS3 - it's been a few years now.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Here is the log filtered by the plugin. If it is easier to fix this problem by deleting the plugin and re-installing it anew, that would be fine with me, but I would hate to lose the devices as they are referred to all throughout my setup. I don't know of a good way that references to missing or deleted devices can be tracked down.

Kind regards,
                      Sami

BTW the Bond Bridge.Light control does work
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sami, there's a couple of exceptions in the log, which explain why it's not working. I'll have a look.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.30 (BETA) - Fix upgrade from HS3

In HS4 they change the way data (settings) is stored in devices, now it's only strings, no binary data. So all binary device settings will be lost (i.e. Update Rate), but it's not a big deal.
                          At least it shouldn't have any exceptions and should work.

If you have any issues - please check logs first.

Note: to install BETA you must enable "Show Beta Plugins" on Plugins => Add page, then BETA will appear separately on this page.
                          After you install BETA this way, next time you will be able to update BETA versions normally.

Comment

Thanks again Alex. The init was error & exception free, but for some missing Status Graphics, which I believe is a separate issue with HS4 status graphics directories that I will work on later.

However, the Bond devices still do not have any controls and they all appear as before. Like before, the Bond LED is operable through the plugin.

I am on 4.0.0.3 BETA

Hmm... is the plugin having trouble make a connection between the old devices in the database and the devices it creates after interrogating the Bond Bridge?

Here's the log:
                            Attached Files

Comment

"StatusGraphics doesn't exist" - I added checks to make sure each device value has corresponding status graphics, so I need to add the missing graphics

Comment

Working...
                              X