Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sami
    replied
    Oh I am so sorry Alex. I did not know that. AKBond was the first HS4 plugin I am using that is not inheriting devices created by HS3.

Everything is working fine.

Just be aware that the Norton Firewall appears (at least on my system) to follow the exact plugin file and not just the file name. If you update the plugin even if the executable has the same exact file name, the firewall blocks it from accessing socket(s) unless you add the new plugin file to the rules.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
    Sami

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Thanks Sam, in HS4 gear icon shouldn't show - in HS4 changed so the root can't have any status/controls - which in my view is just a waste, as I have to create additional child (I call the CTRL) or assign some other child as CTRL to display the state. And gear icon means there's no correct icon assigned anyways.

Your pdf shows EnvisaLink plugin which is HS3, right?

If you check the root device Status/Graphics config - it actually only shows children devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-21 (3).png
Views:	15
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1546964

Name:	2022-05-21.png
Views:	47
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1546962

Name:	2022-05-21 (2).png
Views:	27
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1546963

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    Alex, Please see attached PDF.

Kind regards,
    Sam
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    What do you mean "gear icon is still missing"?

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    I mean the plugin functionally is working fine. The gear icon is still missing for the root device and there are no warnings in the log. Child device icons are fine.

I took your advice and installed Apple Bonjour Print Services.

Here is the log after installation of Bonjour. As you can see there are no warnings for missing missing graphics, but the gear icon is still missing for all of the root devices (1543, 1551, 1549 etc.) of the Bond plugin.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by sami View Post
    There are no "StatusGraphics doesn't exist for" warnings after I deleted the old corrupted devices and started the plugin to create them afresh.
    So there's no problems?

If you get the gear icon again, please check the log for warnings, also check the device Status/Graphics for current value, if it doesn't have corresponding icon. HS added more checks for overlapping status graphics values and silently just don't create the graphics, that's why I added the log warnings.

On the side note, you are using default Tmds Zeroconf (mDNS) discovery - I always recommend installing Apple Bonjour Print Services for Windows - then after restarting the plugin it will use Mono.Zeroconf discovery, so the Bonjour service will do the scanning in the background, instead of every plugin doing it's own.

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    Log attached. I started deleting the devices at 11:32:20 PM
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    There are no "StatusGraphics doesn't exist for" warnings after I deleted the old corrupted devices and started the plugin to create them afresh.

As for the TV, I am using an RTI XP8s Control Processor to control A/V systems throughout the house. It has a well defined communication protocol over ethernet, however I don't have the documentation for it. So, I just trained the Bond Bridge with the RF remotes for various rooms for simple power on & off. The XP8 processor switches on or off the appropriate amps & A/V sources, configures the A/V matrix for source and destinations etc.

RTI XP8s: https://www.rticontrol.com/xp-8s-control-processor.html

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Out of interest - how do you control TV with Bond?

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Please check log file for warnings "StatusGraphics doesn't exist for"

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    Everything seems to be working fine. However, there is one small cosmetic issue. The gear icon for the root devices is missing. In the attached file you can see that the Rollease Root Device (1261) has the gear icon, but none of the Bond devices do.

Name:	image_112787.png
Views:	51
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1546700

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    Hi Alex,

It is very understandable. Upgrades are tricky but specially if data structures are also changed.

Yes, I did power-cycle the Bond Bridge each time prior to I starting the plugin, and yes within the 10 minute window.

I will delete all the Bond devices and also the two files you listed.

Anddddd... it worked! I just checked a couple of devices and they responded fine.

Thanks again Alex. Thank you for your patience and your time.

G'day

Kind regards,
    Sami

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Hi Sami, I don't see any errors in the log, so it's hard to tell why it's not working, and in this case clean install is sure better option.
    Upgrading HomeSeer is always a pain.

BTW, did you try rebooting the Bond Bridge after you start the plugin (within 10 minutes)?

So yeah, just delete all devices and they should be re-created.
    Just in case also delete
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config\AKBond.ini"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config\AKBond.ini.bak"

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    Hi Alex,

I did that 4 step procedure you suggested. However, that seems to not have worked. It created a duplicate device for the LED, which actually does not work. The old device for the LED works. Here's the trace:

Alex, if stop the HS4 plugin, delete all the Bond devices and then start the HS4 plugin, would I be able to get clean new devices? I have identified all the cross references to the existing devices and it would not be too cumbersome to edit them and update them with the new device references.

Kind regards,
    Sami
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Yeah, right Sami

Leave a comment:

Working...
X