• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by RRR View Post
    I PM the log to you.
    Thank you. The errors are "The operation has timed out" - so the plugin can't connect to the Bond Bridge - I can't see how it can be the plugin issue.

And it didn't happen since 7/9/2022 7:04:10 AM?

Leave a comment:

• RRR
    replied
    I PM the log to you.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I've included a screenshot of the log filtered on AK Bond.
    Can you please attach log as text, not screenshot?

Leave a comment:

• RRR
    replied
    Some more feedback on the LED unknown trigger, last night was the first night I had the trigger in place and woke up to numerous email alerts that the Bond LED was unknown. Is this normal? The PI is obviously recovery on its own, just surprised I didn't realize this was going on so frequently. This doesn't appear to be related to the Bond Device needing to be power cycled. Anything I can do to minimize the frequency?

I've included a screenshot of the log filtered on AK Bond.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    How would that work for resetting a Bond when it goes offline?
    Since the discussion lately went a bit off-topic, my info about AKSmartDevice is not related directly to Bond issue - I just replied to "Then you need another Event to toggle the Virtual Device back to enable the Event again"

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    How would that work for resetting a Bond when it goes offline?

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    Then you need another Event to toggle the Virtual Device back to enable the Event again.
    I use AKSmartDevice CountDown Timer https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...83#post1464483 to reset devices instead of HS events

‚Äč

Leave a comment:

• RRR
    replied
    Good points.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Not being argumentative just food for thought... A Counter certainly works as well as a Virtual device, the reason I use Virtual Devices is twofold 1) I an see or control their state (can be done with counters with a HS Device, but not settable) and 2) I use them to disable the Event when needed.

Leave a comment:

• RRR
    replied
    I'm not a fan of creating virtual devices just to keep state (1/0 or on/off), I tend to use counters. I like to limit my devices to actual devices; but I break my own rules sometimes thou. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    great idea randy , can't say I've leveraged that feature yet. Thanks for the pointer.
    Unless you have a Device controlled by the Event as a Condition, this will avoid flooding. I tend to set mine at 5 seconds on anything that may have latency reporting back such as a Z-Wave device, even when the Device is used as a limiting Condition within the Event. .

You can also use a Virtual Device that is set by the Event making it a one shot. Then you need another Event to toggle the Virtual Device back to enable the Event again.

Leave a comment:

• RRR
    replied
    great idea randy , can't say I've leveraged that feature yet. Thanks for the pointer.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I tested the LED status, and it works to trigger an event. I need to look at tuning the event because I got 4 alerts within one minute. I thought I could plug its power into one of the cheap TP-Link outlets to automatically recycle the power on the bond device. I also upgraded the PI for the latest release and got two alerts. Don't want to create a race condition were tp-link cycle powers and bond LED continues to throw unknown status. Probably set a countdown timer. Anyways, just thinking out loud... Just looking to automate the automation... Thanks for the help!
    Use the Advanced Event option "Event Cannot Re-Run for:' and set a timetable that makes sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	78
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1555925

Leave a comment:

• RRR
    replied
    I tested the LED status, and it works to trigger an event. I need to look at tuning the event because I got 4 alerts within one minute. I thought I could plug its power into one of the cheap TP-Link outlets to automatically recycle the power on the bond device. I also upgraded the PI for the latest release and got two alerts. Don't want to create a race condition were tp-link cycle powers and bond LED continues to throw unknown status. Probably set a countdown timer. Anyways, just thinking out loud... Just looking to automate the automation... Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Looked further. The slider on the HS4 Devices page matched the value of 31. It was the legacy page I used for the screenshot and it has the slider at minimum. When I adjusted the slider, the legacy page became correct. I think it is just a problem with the legacy page. I use it frequently for screenshots, since it is more compact.

Click image for larger version

Name:	022DEEF0-ACAA-4A8B-8AA7-DAEFC0CDBA47.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1555837

Leave a comment:

Working...
X