Bond needs to be reset, on rare occasions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bond needs to be reset, on rare occasions

alexbk66 no issues with the PI, however everyone once in a while the Bond Device needs a power cycle. I usually notice it because I happen to see, HS log, the PI throwing various errors or maybe it's going through recovery cycle trying to get sync'd back up with the Bond Device. Other than creating an event to monitor the log, wondering if the PI could trigger an event to send an alert, via email.

I don't get this issues, so can you please provide the logs from the stat of the problem?

Comment

I think it is/was a Bond issue. A number of times my hub would drop off WiFi (indicated ring orange). When that happens your plug-in or their app cannot reach it. Power cycling the hub cures it. Mine did it about once a month or so since I installed it. For whatever reason mine has not dropped WiFi in months, probably 4 or more.

I think the OP was looking for a solution within the plug-in that could trigger an event when the connection is lost. I use a network management plug-in to notify me when it becomes disconnected.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Can you for trigger use the Bond bridge state when it becomes "Unknown"?

Comment

I only see two bridge devices, I never saw any change of state on the root. Where would it become unknown? For me, a UniFi client monitor lets me know.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7B84767F-7CC5-42F3-A452-0630D0282F58.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	1555683

Comment

I try to minimise number of HS devices, and because the root device in HS4 (for some reason beyond my comprehension) - can't have status - I use the LED for status:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-08.png
Views:	90
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1555690

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              I try to minimise number of HS devices, and because the root device in HS4 (for some reason beyond my comprehension) - can't have status - I use the LED for status:
              Got it! That should work. As I wrote above, I already have another solution that is working. Also as I wrote mine has remained reliably connected for months.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll test using the LED status. I never checked this before. I should be able to simulate the condition just by unplugging the Bond Device. I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                  I only see two bridge devices, I never saw any change of state on the root. Where would it become unknown? For me, a UniFi client monitor lets me know.

Click image for larger version Name:	7B84767F-7CC5-42F3-A452-0630D0282F58.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	1555683
                  I noticed that in your screenshot the LED value is 31, but the scrollbar is at zero?

Comment

I’ve never touched that control. Where my hub is, the LED cannot be seen.

Comment

Looked further. The slider on the HS4 Devices page matched the value of 31. It was the legacy page I used for the screenshot and it has the slider at minimum. When I adjusted the slider, the legacy page became correct. I think it is just a problem with the legacy page. I use it frequently for screenshots, since it is more compact.

Name:	022DEEF0-ACAA-4A8B-8AA7-DAEFC0CDBA47.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1555837

Comment

I tested the LED status, and it works to trigger an event. I need to look at tuning the event because I got 4 alerts within one minute. I thought I could plug its power into one of the cheap TP-Link outlets to automatically recycle the power on the bond device. I also upgraded the PI for the latest release and got two alerts. Don't want to create a race condition were tp-link cycle powers and bond LED continues to throw unknown status. Probably set a countdown timer. Anyways, just thinking out loud... Just looking to automate the automation... Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                          I tested the LED status, and it works to trigger an event. I need to look at tuning the event because I got 4 alerts within one minute. I thought I could plug its power into one of the cheap TP-Link outlets to automatically recycle the power on the bond device. I also upgraded the PI for the latest release and got two alerts. Don't want to create a race condition were tp-link cycle powers and bond LED continues to throw unknown status. Probably set a countdown timer. Anyways, just thinking out loud... Just looking to automate the automation... Thanks for the help!
                          Use the Advanced Event option "Event Cannot Re-Run for:' and set a timetable that makes sense.

Name:	capture.png
Views:	78
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1555925

Comment

great idea randy , can't say I've leveraged that feature yet. Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                              great idea randy , can't say I've leveraged that feature yet. Thanks for the pointer.
                              Unless you have a Device controlled by the Event as a Condition, this will avoid flooding. I tend to set mine at 5 seconds on anything that may have latency reporting back such as a Z-Wave device, even when the Device is used as a limiting Condition within the Event. .

You can also use a Virtual Device that is set by the Event making it a one shot. Then you need another Event to toggle the Virtual Device back to enable the Event again.

Comment

Working...
                              X