Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bond Plugin creating a new device on restart

Hi All,
    I am not sure what is happening here. I have had issues with AKBond (great plugin btw) creating additional devices after reboot. Each time HS4 is restarted, I am getting a new device. I cannot figure out why. Add 'Control' to HS and Add New devices are turned off. Screenshots attached. What should I do to prevent this? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKBond2.png Views:	26 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	1591364
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	75
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1591653​

Please post output from Tools => Help.

Please post log - enable Log in plugin settings, filter HS log by plugin (FROM FILTER), clear HS log, restart the plugin, EXPORT HS log to file.

Comment

Here you go alexbk66. Full disclosure: I had to restart the bond bridge again after starting the plugin. You will see that the plugin was unauthorized when I checked the logs. Added another image after the plugin restart. As you can see, it added another Bridge. Thanks Alex. Let me know what I am doing wrong here.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	akbond3.png Views:	36 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	1591571
      Code:
      Date/time=2/9/2023 9:09:34 PM Central Standard Time
      Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 (Windows)
      License=Registered
      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: intel corporation
      Antivirus=Windows Defender
      OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - Work Station
      OS Version=10.0.19044
      Uptime=1 Day 0 Hours 39 Minutes 24 Seconds
      Lan IP=1xx.xx.x0 (XXXX)
      Device Count=615
      Event Count=192
      Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3 at 2.41 GHz
      Modules/Threads=124 Modules, 86 Threads
      Available Threads=1023
      System Load=112 Processes, 3% Load
      Free/Total Memory=7.40 GBytes / 10.00 GBytes (74% free)
      Free/Total Virtual Memory=8.55 GBytes / 11.56 GBytes (74% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used=65 Mbytes
      Plugin Memory Used=14 EXE Plug-Ins using 162 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=AK Bond 4.0.5.1,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.34.0.0,BLShutdown 1.0.5.0,drhsEventEnabler 1.0.0.0,EnvisaLink 3.0.0.42,Google Nest 4.0.1.0,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HS MyQ 4.0.9.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.24.0,mcsMQTT 6.0.5.0,Rachio 4.0.2.0,rnbWeather 4.4.0.0,Shark Robot 1.0.8068.17222,SmartThings 4.0.17.0,WebHook Notifications 2.0.7910.5633,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0​

Comment

Thank you, I'll check.

Comment

I can't reproduce the problem.

Please see post # 2.

Comment

Hi alexbk66,

I understand you cannot reproduce this, but I am still getting this with the plugin. What other logging can I send you, or have you look at it to see why this is happening?

Comment

Sorry, I missed your logs attached, I'll check

Comment

alexbk66, I think the issue is with discovery. My HS4 is on xxx.xxx.4.xxx and Bond Bridge is on xxx.xxx.2.xxx. All my addresses are static and not using DHCP. Do you think I could be creating multiple devices when discovery fails? Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, forgot again...

You can try disable the discovery and add the bridge manually.

Comment

I checked the log, two notes:

1. You should use "EXPORT" to save the log to file (filter by plugin first - FROM FILTER)
                    2. You don't need to hide the IP addresses - they are local for your network,

Can you please stop the plugin, clear the HS log, start the plugin, filter by plugin first (FROM FILTER) and EXPORT to file.

Comment

What's suspicious in the log:
                      Code:
                      ReceiveUDP received id 'ZZXXXXXX', but expected '1xx.xx.xx.xx'
                      Device ID changed '1xx.xx.xx.xx' ==> 'ZZXXXXXX'
                      It looks like you enter the device IP address in pace of the bridge ID?

Comment

I had to as the plug in is not detecting my bridge since it is on a different subnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmurph213 View Post
                          I had to as the plug in is not detecting my bridge since it is on a different subnet.
                          So, you enter the IP address - and plugin uses it as ID? I need to re-test adding the bridge manually.

Comment

I can reproduce the log, when adding the bridge manually:

Code:
                            Device ID changed '192.168.1.26' ==> 'ZZCC63031'
                            ReceiveUDP received id 'ZZCC63031', but expected '192.168.1.26'
                            I'll fix it tomorrow, it's a bit late here in AU​

Comment

Thanks, alexbk66. I am not expecting around-the-clock fixes and appreciate your attentiveness to this issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X