Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger Event after Conditions are met X Times in a given time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Event after Conditions are met X Times in a given time?

I'd like to have an Event trigger only after all the conditions are met, then rechecked to ensure they are still valid after a given period of time ( say like 5 sec, or 10 sec, etc)

It looks like I must create 2 separate events which is inefficient and not flexible -- any variations require additional/multiple events. Log ago in a Vera Hub far away a single line of code could check a device value multiple times within a given time frame and solve this problem simply -- so I'm missing it badly.

Attached is one example where if the garage door opens, it triggers another (100% duplicate) event a few seconds later the "check again" before sending an alert.

Is there any better way to do this?

thx
    Attached Files

Looks simple enough using Easy Trigger "Any device in group has not been in range for exactly"...

So your first event can be deleted and in your second event that sends the pushover, change each trigger to:

If Any device in group GarageDoors has not been in range [3,3] for exactly 00:00:10

Maybe I am overlooking something...

Comment

teladog01 thx, I totally forgot about that!

Comment

👍🙂

Comment

teladog01
          Another variation / challenge for you (since you were of great help on the last one). This version of the Garage Door Auto Close needs to trigger only when the 'Auto Close' Virtual Device is ON.

In my new version, I don't think "in range for exactly" works and it must be "for at least" (HS3 native has it). Because if the Auto Close is OFF, then gets Turned ON say 20 minutes after the door was already open -- I want the event to trigger. But, that will trigger constantly unless I tell it not to re-run that event for N minutes.

see the screenshot of what I currently have... is there a better way?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-07 094348.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1482863

Comment

Perhaps I shouldn't butt in, but have you tried something like this:
            IF garage door has been open for exactly 10 minutes
            AND IF auto close timer is On

OR IF auto close timer changes and becomes On
            AND IF garage door has been open for at least 10 minutes

THEN ...

Comment

Ah yes... my brain is not working well lately. or I'm just getting old (or both)

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                Ah yes... my brain is not working well lately. or I'm just getting old (or both)
                +1

Comment

ericg's solution should work great, and is probably how I would do it to begin with.

I will point out that "for exactly" triggers are vulnerable to being missed if for some reason HomeSeer were to restart unexpectedly right before the 10 min mark. For super critical events that I want to be sure will always fire, even if it is a bit delayed until HomeSeer is back up, I will use a recurring trigger instead of a "for exactly". Something like this:

IF
                  The event will automatically trigger every 1m, 0s
                  AND IF
                  Garage Door has been Open for at least 10m, 0s
                  AND IF
                  Auto Close Timer has a value equal to On

If you don't want up to a full minute delay, change the recurring trigger to every 30, 10, 5, or even 1 second...whatever interval you are comfortable. Or if you're not into the whole brevity thing you could add an OR IF trigger like this to cover both scenarios:

IF
                  Garage Door has been Open for exactly 10m, 0s
                  AND IF

OR IF
                  The event will automatically trigger every 1m, 0s
                  AND IF
                  Garage Door has been Open for at least 10m, 0s
                  AND IF

As you can see, even though HS4 has removed the "for at least" trigger, you can use this "recurring trigger + condition" method to re-create the exact same thing in HS4. In HS3, the "for at least" trigger is really just a one-second recurring trigger and condition under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                    ericg'

I will point out that "for exactly" triggers are vulnerable to being missed if for some reason HomeSeer were to restart unexpectedly right before the 10 min mark. For super critical events that I want to be sure will always fire, even if it is a bit delayed until HomeSeer is back up, I will use a recurring trigger instead of a "for exactly"..
                    Same here . I choose for exactly for non critical things only, and prefer to check the conditions at a specified interval.

Comment

Working...
                    X