Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Device has a value equal to" won't save, "device has a value not equal to" does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Device has a value equal to" won't save, "device has a value not equal to" does?

Just curious: I have a two line event condition:
    If a device changes and becomes...
    And if, a device has a value ...
    Then...

Problem: Oftentimes when I am building an event with a condition of "device has a value equal to" (e.g., beacon is in range), that condition cannot be saved. Then, when I change it to "device has a value not equal to" (e.g., beacon is out of range), I can save it in the event? Is there a logical reason for this? Thanks, Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Is this HS3 or HS4? HS3 has an anomaly when editing a Trigger on an existing Event and changing the target device where it will not save until changing the Trigger type. Usually if you choose not equal to, you can go back and change to equal to. I have not seen the same issue with HS4. I also have never seen it when creating a new Event. I think it has to do with not reloading Status information when the device is changed.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      Is this HS3 or HS4? HS3 has an anomaly when editing a Trigger on an existing Event and changing the target device where it will not save until changing the Trigger type. Usually if you choose not equal to, you can go back and change to equal to. I have not seen the same issue with HS4. I also have never seen it when creating a new Event. I think it has to do with not reloading Status information when the device is changed.
      Thanks. HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.8.0 (Windows). I will do more troubleshooting, but I wonder if it is because the event that I was modifying started in HS3. Elliott

EDIT: Starting from scratch with a new event in HS4, same result.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Is it possible that you may have copied an existing event and then edited it? Sometimes events get corrupted when copying them. Have you tried creating a new event from scratch and see if that fixes it?
        What version of HS are you running? I’m on 4.2.11 but didn’t have any issues with it on 4.2.8 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Is it possible that you may have copied an existing event and then edited it? Sometimes events get corrupted when copying them. Have you tried creating a new event from scratch and see if that fixes it?
          What version of HS are you running? I’m on 4.2.11 but didn’t have any issues with it on 4.2.8 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thanks. HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.8.0 (Windows). I just created a new event with the same result. However, a new twist: I am not totally certain, yet, but I am thinking that it might be device specific. The devices that I am using in the event are beacons, devices created via mcsMQTT. Elliott

Comment

Working...
          X