Door lock, how to send notifiaction for code unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door lock, how to send notifiaction for code unlock

I had to replace a lock and am having to redo events, first since upgrade to HS4.

I am trying to create various events with specific user codes.
    examples:

1) If Caleb code entered, send an email.
    this issue is in the events, it looks like it is looking for a Code storage slot #. But in Plugins> Zwave> Lock Management, there are not storage slot numbers

2) at a certain time/day, activate a code:
    same issue, how do you tell it which code to activate?

Previously I used BLLock plugin, but now that HS4 has lock management built in, I'd like to use it, and save a plugin. (I'm on ZeeS2, so I think I am limited to 5 plugins).

Kwikset 620 lock

It all depends if you updated to the new Zwave plugin (4.0). If you didn't you're in good shape. The new plugin doesn't have the same features to do what needs to be done. This is somewhat labor intensive but works on all of my 620's (8 of them).

First go into lock management and verify Caleb's code; we'll use 1234. What I have found is the lock management usually starts at the low end of the user ID's and goes up.
    Next go to the devices tab.
    Click on the root of the door lock.
    Click on the Zwave tab.
    Click on the Manage button.
    Click on Settings
    This is important; be sure you do NOT mess with configuration parameters!
    Click the user code drop down box and star with User code 1. Look at the code and if it is 1234 you found Caleb's user code. If not go to user code 2. Wash, Rinse, Repeat until you find it. The bad news is I think the 620 has up to 200 or 250 user codes!

To create the Event it's fairly simple.
    Create a new event.
    Trigger = A Device's Value Is
    Trigger Type = A Device Changes and Becomes
    Device = (your door lock name) Lock-Access Control Notification
    Changes and Becomes Trigger Value = User Code (value) Keypad Unlock Operation
    Check the Choose a specific value box
    Value = the User Code where you found Caleb's door code

I use mine for an AirBNB and add and delete codes weekly. When one code is deleted and one is added it usually take the first open slot. For example if I delete user code 10 and then add a new one, it will go into user code 10. This works really slick but it seems on the new G3 the ability to look at user codes in the device root is missing. Very disappointing.
    Hope this helps...

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

Comment

Duhhh...I have to do that because I'm a hundred miles away....

If you're at the location, simply add Caleb's code under lock management and then go unlock the door. On the devices tab go to the door lock and click get latest record. Now you will see who unlocked the door and what their user code is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-26 085241.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1563427

Comment

Working...
      X