Delay Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay Off

I was hoping for some help as I am ready to tear the rest of my hair out.

Recently switched from SmartThings to HS4 and absolutely love it....so far. I am in the process of re-creating events that I made in SmartThings and I am having trouble with a simple event in HS4.

All I want to do is set up a light controlled by motion and automatically turn it off 3 minutes after the motion has stopped.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Been trying to work on the if/then but it appears I don't fully understand the process to get the device to do certain things.

Thank you in advance,

​​​​​​​Jim J

The basic motion event is like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	1567603
    Trigger on the motion device
    The light is turned On
    Any previous Actions for the light are removed (explanation following)
    Turn the light Off after a 3 minute delay.

Delayed Device Action: When you set an action to be delayed a time-triggered self-deleting Event is created. When the time trigger occurs, the Action is launched. In the above Event a Delayed Off Action is created. .For example if the event runs at 8:04AM an Event triggered at 8:07AM turning the light Off will be stored in the Delayed Actions Group. This Event will delete itself after it is run.

The Event will delete any remaining Delayed Device Actions for the kitchen light, before it creates a new one. This will allow the light to remain on until 3 minutes after the LAST Action.

There are other methods but this is the simplest and most basic.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X