Problematic Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problematic Event

I'm certain the solution is simple, but I'm out of ideas with this one. I have an event tied to a Cooper scene controller. Simple enough - I just need to turn on the garage floods when the scene is activated so i set up an event. I cannot get it to run no matter what I try. I have a similar event to turn them off when the scene is set to off that appears to work. I did notice the event run is labelled in the logs for the off event, but not the on event. Any help would be most appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.01.37 PM.png
Views:	160
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1574902

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.10.17 PM.png
Views:	119
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1574903

Try using the trigger "Changes and Becomes..."

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1574909
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

For scene controls “This Device had its Value Set To…” is the correct Trigger. It is the only Trigger that will work if the same scene is transmitted a second time. In that case “changes and becomes” will not work because the value is set but not changed. Also “A Device’s Value is set to” will always Trigger, whether or not the value is changed.

The first step is to look at the Device Manager as you press the scene controller and see what value is registered.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
        For scene controls “This Device had its Value Set To…” is the correct Trigger. It is the only Trigger that will work if the same scene is transmitted a second time. In that case “changes and becomes” will not work because the value is set but not changed. Also “A Device’s Value is set to” will always Trigger, whether or not the value is changed.

The first step is to look at the Device Manager as you press the scene controller and see what value is registered.
        Ah - good info - I wasn't familiar with the scene controller's behavior...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Is Scene 2 activated each time the button is pushed? If so, you could change the trigger to zwave scene activated. If not, you might need to assign the button to a specific z-wave scene ID. That's what I had to do with a Cooper 5 button scene controller to get it to work consistently.

Comment

Thanks All! I got it functional using the first suggestion, but continue to troubleshoot as a couple of others on the same Cooper device are giving me fits. For instance the "garage door" scene which simply lowers or raises their garage door is getting into a loop where the command is sent over and over again risking burning up the motor. You'd think this would be easier, but the floods are working now and I so appreciate the help -

Comment

Working...
            X