event programming for a schlage lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

event programming for a schlage lock

Hi - I have a very simple event programmed on my Schlage lock to turn on the inside garage light when I unlock the door from the outside:

If Schlage Lock becomes Unlocked
    Then Turn on Inside Garage Light

This works fine, but of course it will also turn on the light if I manually unlock the door from the inside. This is not a huge problem or inconvenience because, chances are, the light is already on anyway if I am going to unlock that door from the inside. (The switch is across the garage and the light is very much needed to get across to the exit doorway with the Schlage lock installed.)

Nevertheless, I wanted to refine my event to only turn on the inside light if the door is unlocked from the outside. So, I thought to add the conditional of checking that the access control notification was "Keypad Unlock Operation":

If Schlage Lock becomes Unlocked
    And If Access Control Notification = Keypad Unlock Operation
    Then Turn on Inside Garage Light

This did not work. Upon testing, I know why it didn't work - because Access Control Notification was not equal to "Keypad Unlock Operation"; it was equal to "User Code 2 Keypad Unlock Operation". I am user 2, so that part made sense since I was the one to enter my code to unlock the door. But what I don't know is why the lock is sending the access control notification in this format and not simply "keypad unlock operation"?

Like I said above, this is not a huge issue as I have a workable version of the event in place. I'd really just like to understand why it's doing what it's doing - and, of course, if you all have any suggestions for me to refine my event.

Thank you in advance!

If you're Schlage is the same as mine, it will return a status code of between 6000 to 6040, dependent on which access code slot was activated from the keypad. So this is what I did in order to prevent the foyer/hall light turning on when I manually unlocked from the inside:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	1584186

You'll know what range to use by going to the Access Control Notification feature page and looking at the status code range for the door code slots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	96
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1584191​​

Comment

I don't know why it doesn't send the "Keypad Unlock Operation" but I trigger my events on the "User Code x Keypad Unlock Operation". I actually like it because the way I have set up they system. I am using 3 different codes. User code 1 is only known by our family (me, wife, son). User code 2 is known to a bunch of people in our family (brothers, sisters, cousins, neighbor). User code 3 is a temporary code that we hand out to people that we only want to have temporary access. All of them disarm the alarm system but beyond that they have different functions, e.g. I get notifications if any code is entered that isn't user code 1 and there are other differences.

Comment

Thank you TC1​ & mulu​!

I modified my event as suggested, and now it only turns on the light when those user codes are detected, which is great!

Thank you so much for helping me learn :-)

I have also mapped all my entry codes that I have set up to the schlage internal user codes. Next, I want to set up notifications if any code is entered but my own. I haven't written that kind of event yet, but I will try to figure it out myself first :-)

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
        X