Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add me - Cannot upgrade my Z2 to version 4. Same issue as everyone else here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me - Cannot upgrade my Z2 to version 4. Same issue as everyone else here!

Not sure what the heck is going on. I followed instructions to the letter. Backup, install. When it's completed, it won't connect to the main page - just the 911 page. I hard resetted it, tried reloading version 4. Nothing. Went back to version 3. Anyone have any ideas? I'd create a ticket but apparently I'm an idiot - it says I must have files on the ticket and I don't know what I need to add to submit a ticket. So disappointed....considering a bought a license for version for last November.

Did you try emailing support@homeseer.com?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can someone answer me a question - I have logged a ticket (so far they are no help). After futzing with it, I broke something because now it doesn't even boot into HS3 or HS4 (fred light). I tried doing a hard reset by plugging a monitor and keyboard into the device, but that didn't work, I got an error. Then it said that I needed to conect to wifi, but when I connect to wifi, it gives me an error saying it can't find the image.

This is the PI version of the Zee 2 that I have, meaning there is no SD card. Can I download the PI image (16gb img file) and put on a USB stick drive and use that? It seems like every turn I take I get blocked.

I am able to FTP into the device, but I have no idea how to restore the factory image if I do this - any advice?

Comment

Hi, I also have a zee s2 and have tried upgrading to HS4. Firstly my zee s2 only had a 8GB SD card so I dont know if that was an issue. I ended up downloading the pi HS4 image off the website and flashing it to a 32GB card. Still no good. same as others. i can get to the 911 page but not the normal web interface.

I have emailed support am am awaiting a reply. I have discovered that the path for the 911page looks to be /var/www/php and the patch for the port 80 page should be /usr/local/HomeSeer/html but I suspect it is not pointing there. Does anyone know where to find the web server config to check the path?

Brett

Comment

I opened the case and found the 8GB micro SD card. They seem to think one of the reasons why it would not work originally was my version of PI I think? I am getting a 32GB card to replace my existing 8GB card, but does anyone know where I can get an updated flash for it? I believe if I recall correctly I have a PI 3, with Jessie. Would the image that is posted for download on their main page work?

Comment

I had a similar issue. I was able to connect to HS4 using the 911 link but it would now show up on myHS login menu after adding it using the Manage Account after a reinstall of HS4. I suspected that for some reason HS was not finding my HS3 license and since HS4 is an upgrade, it looks for a valid HS3 license and if it does not find it, it does not list the HS4 system in the myHS logon menu. I decided to try opening the HS4 Setup screen and when it asked for the HS4 registration, instead of entering the HS4 license, I entered the HS3 ID and Pw in both the HS4 and HS3 area. I did this on two HS4 upgrades and it worked on both. After doing this, the HS4 systems showed up in the myHS menu and the Setup page in HS4 showed the HS4 license number and it has worked correctly since.

Comment

It appears that the HS Registration system deletes your HS3 ID and Pw once an HS4 upgrade gets registered. Any reinstall attempt of HS4 seems to then have the issue of not finding the HS3 ID and Pw which it looks for to verify that the upgrade is a valid upgrade. I think this is the case because if you to the HS website and have it send you a list of your licenses, you will find that the HS4 licenses are no longer shown.

Comment

So I gave up trying to fix it. I flashed the newest raspberry PI image that they had, onto a new 16GB micro SD card, and I'm in. I am having trouble getting Z-wave to work though, not sure what's up with that.

Comment

Just an upate from earlier. I have tried to get Z-wave working but it's not. It shows plug-in for Z-Wave version 3.0.2.0 installed and set as OKAY (it's enabled). When I go to Controller Management under Z-wave, there are no Z-wave networks listed. I try to add an interface specifying internal, and clicking enable, but it just gives me the yellow checkmark instead of the green checkmark. I am not sure what is going on - the fact that there is no Z-wave network listed - I think something isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by bruehlt View Post
                    When I go to Controller Management under Z-wave, there are no Z-wave networks listed. I try to add an interface specifying internal, and clicking enable, but it just gives me the yellow checkmark instead of the green checkmark.
                    From the Linux command line, run the following command
                    Code:
                    more /boot/cmdline.txt
                    If there's a clause in the line that says "console=serial0,115200", that needs to be removed. See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...74#post1271774

Comment

THANK YOU!!! You solved my problem - That worked!!!

Comment

Look like Homeseer updated their beta software to 3.0.0.551 yesterday (13th July) . This might help.

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...upgrade-to-hs4

Regards
                        Brett

Comment

Working...
                        X