Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4-Pi clean installation <-- restore HS3-Pi backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4-Pi clean installation <-- restore HS3-Pi backup?

Hi
    I have installed HS4-Pi as a clean installation on a SD card. I have the "old" HS3-Pi running and want to upgrade.

Is it possible to restore the configuration backup from HS3-Pi to HS4-Pi?

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...upgrade-to-hs4

Comment

Originally posted by jangermann View Post
      Hi
      I have installed HS4-Pi as a clean installation on a SD card. I have the "old" HS3-Pi running and want to upgrade.

Is it possible to restore the configuration backup from HS3-Pi to HS4-Pi?

I was able to restore my HS3 settings, devices, events and plugins to HS4. Backup your HS3. Start HS4 and from the settings/general tab click edit config. Follow the pop-ups and you will see a restore button/upload backup and find your zipped HS3 backup file. HS4 will upload it and unzip it and it does some sort of conversion. This worked for me. I got every device, event ... everything. Running just like HS3.

Comment

Thanks for the information:

It looks like I need to do this on my HomeTroller Zee S2 since the HS3 to HS4 upgrade did not work and my unit has a solid blue led. I am going to get a 32GB SD Card and do a fresh install and then restore my HS3 configuration.

Comment

I have mine working about 90% now. NOTE: The backup created by following the HomeTroller Zee 2 S2 Upgrade to HS4 document is in the incorrect format. You need a backup created from the web interface in the ZIP format from HS3. I was lucky that I had a backup from September 2019 to restore. They really need to modify the update procedure to stress that if you have 8Gb micro SD card it will need to be replaced.

I am struggling to determine where HS4 stores the backups. The webpage indicates "Default" but doe not provide a clue as to the actual location. HS3 stored them on my computer in the downloads folder.

I am also struggling with how to fix the system time. HS4 is using UTC which is 5 hours ahead of my location.

Comment

Working...
          X