This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to log into fresh install of HS4 on Pi 3

I did a fresh install of HS4PiV3-071320 onto my Pi 3. After entering my HS4 registration info, I get to a sign-in prompt. None of the user/password combinations will let me log in. I've tried homeseer/hsthsths4, root/homeseerpi, and even pi/raspberry (does anybody realize the default Raspbian pi account is still active and the password should be changed?). Cancelling out of the sign-in process results in a HTTP ERROR 401 page. I'm doing this on the Chrome browser with no extensions installed.

I've tried following the instructions to change the boot option (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...14#post1388214 ) but it doesn't affect things.

Had and have very similar problem from a few days ago, not being able to access Zee S2, though I did have web access to HS4 and upgrade from HS3 otherwise went well. Installed yesterdays HS4 update and now lost web access to Zee/HS4 as well. In big trouble! Though HS4 is still responding on Mobile interface.
    Waiting for support response.......

Comment

I was doing a fresh install of HS4 and had that problem. After a few SD card reformats, my work around was to allow local lan access with no login on that setup screen, i also set non of the info except for the license. Then i went in and created a new username, and then deleted the default username. Following that I turned of the local lan access wth no login. This resolved the issue for me. I do hate the lack of HS4 documentation. But this workaround worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by itredneck View Post
        I was doing a fresh install of HS4 and had that problem. After a few SD card reformats, my work around was to allow local lan access with no login on that setup screen, i also set non of the info except for the license. Then i went in and created a new username, and then deleted the default username. Following that I turned of the local lan access wth no login. This resolved the issue for me. I do hate the lack of HS4 documentation. But this workaround worked for me.
        I was unable to log into HS4 doing what you are doing. Enabling local lan access does allow me log into HS4 but of course it's weaker security than requiring a login/password. But killing the default homeseer account and establishing my own just didn't work. I don't know which username HS4 expects to me to log in with. Apparently just giving it any valid username/password on my Pi isn't good enough.

It's depressing that Homeseer doesn't even test its software well enough to catch simple bugs like this. Not only is there this bug during the registration process, but on the same page it won't even let me enter a password for my HS3 license. Again a simple bug that should have been immediately caught.

Comment

I am also having these same issues. Did a fresh install of HS4PiV3-071320 onto a Pi. Followed the setup wizard to a T. Trying to login with local security fails. When I re-image and try with allow local access it can get into the HS4 interface but the Linux Tools logins fail every time.

Originally posted by jhutchins View Post

Not only is there this bug during the registration process, but on the same page it won't even let me enter a password for my HS3 license. Again a simple bug that should have been immediately caught.
          I have experience the same issue and i found that trying to 'mouse click' into that box won't allow me to enter anything. I had to 'tab' to it using the keyboard and then it allowed me to enter the necessary text.

Comment

AND I have the same problem. Enter my PI4 License ID, PW, and nothing happens.
            This should just work!

Comment

I have the same problem. Very frustrating. I'm waiting for Customer Support to get back to me. I can't start the trial usage until I can get logged in.

Edit: Five days and no response from Customer Support to three emails sent. This is not giving me a good feeling about this software. Their web page says no phone support available, but I'm going to try it anyway.

Comment

Has anyone ever gotten an answer to any of these password and license entry issues? I have never been able to log into my MyHs online account and after trying to get an answer over a year ago I gave up on that and have just used a DNS Server account I already had to do remote access. Now I bought a new copy of HS4 Standard addition and can't enter license info and still can't log into MyHs account. If I try to reset the MyHs account password it should send me an email but it never does and yes I have checked my junk folder. I also can't get an email reply back to enter a Support ticket and so far, after 3 weeks, I can't get a reply back from HomeSeer to an email. It's funny to me they have no problem sending info on every special sale to the same email address and this afternoon they sent an email asking me to rate my HS4 Standard addition purchase!!!! Seriously?????

Comment

Working...
                X