Install Pi4 over existing system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Pi4 over existing system.

I've search all over for this and all I can find is a single image download for a Pi. Will it work directly for a Pi4? I would really like to install to a existing system but I find no information on a workable process. The is under Buster 4.19...

Help?
    -Stan

If you have a Pi license then I think the image is your only option. I suspect you would install the image and then copy the HS3 data. I have never done this so cannot provide specifics.

If you have a Standard or Pro license then it is done with the Linux image that you would expand on your Buster image. I did this. Follow the process documented by HST for data migration.

Comment

Originally posted by shodge View Post
      I've search all over for this and all I can find is a single image download for a Pi. Will it work directly for a Pi4? I would really like to install to a existing system but I find no information on a workable process. The is under Buster 4.19...

Help?
      -Stan
      I believe the license differs as compared to the full version (pro or otherwise) and that it's a ready custom install by flashing a USB and would only allow you 5 plugins
      So for a fully fledged system (If in your case would like to use a Paspberry PI 4) you may incur charges. So you will have to go through the Linux install process : https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...rade-procedure

Tip : And the later gives the option of running your system as either Linux or Windows

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Just a short update... I did upgrade it to a standard license. Mostly running now...

Thx,
        -Stan

Comment

Working...
        X