Adding a z-wave device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a z-wave device

I'm completely new to HomeSeer but not new to home automation. I've been using SmartThings for several years and feel that it's time to switch to something else. I'm testing out HS4-Pi.

I've been able to get the system up and running and even add my Z-Stick as a z-wave controller. I cannot, however, figure out how to add a z-wave device. Instructions say to add a node under controller management/controller information but I have no options to add anything.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

- fizz

I'm using a Z-Net, but the process should be the same for a HS4-Pi:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	1643
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1422906
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm using HS4 with a Z-stick plugin. I've had a 22 node network for over a year, and now need to add 3 new devices (appliance switch and wall switch). I cannot get to any point under the zwave plugin tab to add devices. Am I missing something? What steps do I use to get to the "add node" option? Should I "disable then re-enable" the plugin? I don't want to lose all the network data with 22 nodes I've been using by doing this. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by P Dawson View Post
        I'm using HS4 with a Z-stick plugin. I've had a 22 node network for over a year, and now need to add 3 new devices (appliance switch and wall switch). I cannot get to any point under the zwave plugin tab to add devices. Am I missing something? What steps do I use to get to the "add node" option? Should I "disable then re-enable" the plugin? I don't want to lose all the network data with 22 nodes I've been using by doing this. Thanks for any help.
        Try downloading and using Z-Tool+ for your iOS or Android device. It talks back to the Z-Wave plugin to add devices.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by P Dawson View Post
          Do you happen to have the Z-Wave UI plugin installed? If so, disable it, uninstall it, and restart HS. That should restore the Z-Wave Core UI.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I had this issue and had to turn off the Z-Wave plug-in and then turn it back on. This resolved my error telling me no Z-Wave controller found. Don't understand what was going on because all my devices worked fine.

Comment

Working...
            X