Can't copy files - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't copy files - Solved!

I'm totally new to the linux world and just got a Pi HS4 box with their recent sale. I'm trying to load an HS3/4 Jon00 device lister. I want to copy some files from my windows 7 box into the html and script directory in the Pi box and keep getting permission denied. I'm using some software called Bitvise (it has both ssh terminal and gui file manager). I'm logging into the Bitvise SW with my homeseer username and password, which gets me in. I can see everything, just can't copy anything.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Hello....,

If you are still working on this, download MobaXterm : https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html .
    • Once you have it running, click on SSH and input the details of the PI and User then click OK
    • Drag the file to the PI user Home folder (space on the left)
    • Double click on the folder Up on the left to find the HTML folder you are looking for then right click it and choose copy to the command line. Everything will start to look familiar
    • Or sudo cp /or sudo mv .........You can also right click the file you dragged to the Home folder and choose where you to insert it (before the HTML folder and press enter === sudo mv ~/file name /opt/Homeser/html

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
      I'm totally new to the linux world and just got a Pi HS4 box with their recent sale. I'm trying to load an HS3/4 Jon00 device lister. I want to copy some files from my windows 7 box into the html and script directory in the Pi box and keep getting permission denied. I'm using some software called Bitvise (it has both ssh terminal and gui file manager). I'm logging into the Bitvise SW with my homeseer username and password, which gets me in. I can see everything, just can't copy anything.
      Try the likes of this for all things Linux. That’s where all the “clever” people get their answers from. Pity forum members don’t direct users to sites like this https://stackoverflow.com/questions

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Hello....,

If you are still working on this, download MobaXterm : https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html .
        • Once you have it running, click on SSH and input the details of the PI and User then click OK
        • Drag the file to the PI user Home folder (space on the left)
        • Double click on the folder Up on the left to find the HTML folder you are looking for then right click it and choose copy to the command line. Everything will start to look familiar
        • Or sudo cp /or sudo mv .........You can also right click the file you dragged to the Home folder and choose where you to insert it (before the HTML folder and press enter === sudo mv ~/file name /opt/Homeser/html

Eman.
        Thanks, got it to work so I can copy files. So my little piggy toe is now Linux-wet..
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
        X