No web server maintenance only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No web server maintenance only!

Help! Just setup a new HS4piv3 system on a pi4.. It lasted less than a day... Now all I get is
    HS4PiV3 Maintenance mode.... NO web gui.....
    I literally only added 4 device.... I am coming from a hs3 on a pi3b+ that had ran with little issues for years!.....any thoughts? Its in my vaca home... I am quickly losing faith in homeseer....... I fear I will continue to have problems like this....

Have you connected a monitor to the device to see what's being posted?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I will today as THE SECOND one went down after 12 hours... Different PI4, case, sd card, AND power supply.. I spent hours setting it up last night and bam....This morning I accessed it once then website went down hard and only maintenance mode...

Comment

Ok! Here is the error.. Please note this is the exact error but the dates are wrong because I copied it from the net (so I didnt make a mistakes typing)

[ 95.024390] rc.local[519]: Oct 21 25:35:20.791 [FATAL] get-iface-ip: ioctl failure: No such device [ 95.035976] rc.local[519]: ssh: no process found [ 95.038018] rc.local[519]: scp: no process found

Please tell me this is solvable!

Comment

Also the unit was not powered off incorrectly! It just simple died...(I assume it rebooted into this state)

One last note.. I backed it up (image) after I finished setting it up last night... Today after it died I restored it and it fired right up... tomorrow it will die.....

Note: 4 hours to reboot into fail state

Comment

Has this happened to ANYBODY else? I have never been able to get hs4 up for more than 2 days at this location.... I have spectrum service here... Everytime I load a fresh install it dies and generates the above error..... Very strange... At another location (main home) both Pi 4s work perfect for weeks.. Then they come here and die ASAP! any thoughts on what the ISP could be doing to cause the failure>? This is a vacation home that is used 4-5 time a year.. When I switched to HS4 all hell broke loose and the system has not worked since.. HS3 had been running for years without issues.. one funny thing... The ISP has lately been sending emails that I have a compromised device..(the HS4 unit).. Its the only thing on the network when we leave.... I have changed the router, and the hs4 pi is on a battery backup with conditioning... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

If all of your devices are missing after this happens it sounds more like either a bad SD card, bad RPi, or bad power supply. Do you have another RPi or PC/laptop to test with?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X