Event not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not triggering

I set up an event to send an email when a leak sensor determines that it has detected water. If I manually fire the event it works as expected.
    The IF is: "Home Basement Water Heater Leak Sensor Water Notification changes and becomes WATER DETECTED"
    When I trigger the sensor, It changes to show it detected water, but the log entry says -
    "Device: Home Basement Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: Water Leak Detected Unknown Location "
    I assume the event triggered because of the log entry, but no email gets sent. Any idea why not? What does the "Unknown Location" in the log entry mean?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Some thoughts

Have you set up the e-mail in homeseer? I had trouble setting up my ISP e-mail and had to resort to a gmail account sending to my ISP.

I am still on HS3 but I could never get the e-mail to trigger until I put the wait until finished on the audio file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-08 16-13-38.png
Views:	197
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	1439366

I hope this helps you find the problem

Comment

I have email set up properly. I too set up a gmail account just for Homeseer to use. Note that in my original post I said that the email IS sent if I manually run the event. I don't understand why the log says the notification was set to 'Notification' when I watched and it was properly set to 'WATER DETECTED' when i bridged the sensor contacts.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Have you checked in the status graphics for the device to see if there is a ValueStatus Pair (VSPair) that is Notification? I changed mine from the default for the device.

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-09 19-47-57.png
Views:	158
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1439665

Comment

Yes, I had changed the default to "WATER DETECTED".

Name:	Water Leak event-2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1439672
          Attached Files
          Dick

Comment

My impression at this point is you have everything correct and the problem is HS4. I have the same setup only difference is HS3 and that works. I would send an e-mail to support@homeseer.com. Really worrisome and why, despite having purchased, I have not upgraded yet.

Regards

Comment

I have entered a request for them to check this out. We'll see how long it takes to hear something back from them.
              Dick

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
                I have entered a request for them to check this out. We'll see how long it takes to hear something back from them.
                There is something odd going on in that the triggers in your events show the status in lower case yet your Status Graphics screenshot shows it upper case. The event may be corrupted.
                I would try creating a simple test event from scratch just using one of the devices to start with and see if you can get it to work.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

There is something odd going on in that the triggers in your events show the status in lower case yet your Status Graphics screenshot shows it upper case. The event may be corrupted.
                  I would try creating a simple test event from scratch just using one of the devices to start with and see if you can get it to work.

Steve
                  Something is broken. I got some more leak sensors I had ordered from HS. I got a new one set up. Didn't change anything from default. Without even setting up an event, when I trigger sensor to "wet" condition I get the same log message

"Device: Home Basement Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: Water Leak Detected Unknown Location "

I don't understand the 'Unknown Location" part. I have the floor and room defined.
                  Dick

Comment

Working...
                  X