Default Linux Login and Password HomeSeer HomeTroller Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Linux Login and Password HomeSeer HomeTroller Pi

I have a new HomeSeer HomeTroller Pi that i installed last week. Its working great, talking to my.homeseer.com and Mobile is working as well. I did not change the LINUX admin login information and i cant log into the OS from the TOOLS, LINUX, LINUX TOOLS screen. It says the default login name is homeseer. I did not change the password and the documentation says the default password is hsthsths3 but that does not work. Can someone help?

If you didn't change it the password is hsthsths4

edited to correct the password.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I have the same problem. From a pristine image and before performing registration setup, the default password hsthsths4 does work for user homeseer. Then after license setup, it no longer works. It seems as if the registration process somehow changes the password which is odd.

Comment

Yes and the user interface was not changed from HS3 and says that the password is hsthsths3 not 4 and support is somewhat clueless and is repeating what engineering is saying vs actually trying it.

Still can not log on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the root password does still work so I can force the homeseer user password to be changed with passwd but I'm not sure if doing this messes up HS4.

Comment

Ok what is the root password? User name β€œroot” and password is what?

Clearly support and engineering has not tied this and as I suspect most users don’t care. Username β€œHomeseer” does not work with hsthsths3 or 4. Clearly a bug.... I have a new fresh install as well.

Comment

root password is documented in installation guide: https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeSeer-HS4Pi-Guide.pdf

Comment

OK. Changing the homeseer user password via root appears to have no ill effect on HS4. The linux tools page appears to function properly with the new password.

Comment

When you register HS4, I believe it's step#5 where you change the Linux login. If you change it then the default will no longer work.
                  πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by cayenne View Post
                    Ok what is the root password? User name β€œroot” and password is what?

Clearly support and engineering has not tied this and as I suspect most users don’t care. Username β€œHomeseer” does not work with hsthsths3 or 4. Clearly a bug.... I have a new fresh install as well.

Just FYI - the username is 'homeseer' and not 'Homeseer'
                    You shouldnt need root access since user homeseer is in the sudoers file.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      When you register HS4, I believe it's step#5 where you change the Linux login. If you change it then the default will no longer work.
                      I tried that password but did not work. I thought that password is only for web page authentication.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Just FYI - the username is 'homeseer' and not 'Homeseer'
                        You shouldnt need root access since user homeseer is in the sudoers file.
                        You need to login to some account be it root or pi since password for homeseer appears unknown after registration.

Comment

At any rate, I submitted a help ticket. Support should be able to easily reproduce this problem and look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by hankli View Post
                            At any rate, I submitted a help ticket. Support should be able to easily reproduce this problem and look into it.
                            Are you trying to ssh? If so what syntax are you using. You have to use ssh homeseer@yourIPAddress to ensure you are using the homeseer user account.

Comment

i have tried remote terminaling in via a ssh app as well as trying through the Linux tool menu in Hometroller. I have tired all logins. User name homeseer pass hsthsths3 and hsthsths4. i have tried homeseerpi as the username, and root as the username. I have tried : root pw = homeseerpi | homeseer pw = hsthsths4. Can not log into Linux, When i first installed it i tried to change the password but it said my passwords did not match and when i tried it again i got no response from the UI, if i use the LINUX drop down change password menu i get no response , it does no say wrong password just does not do anything.....

Comment

Working...
                              X