X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avpman
    replied
    Originally posted by hankli View Post
    Try using "pi" for username and "raspberry" for password and see if you can get it.
    Glad I found this thread, the above worked for me!

Leave a comment:

• Swail
    replied
    Here's what worked to open a Linux shell for my HomeTroller Pi with HS4 from Win 10:

1: Make sure the OpenSSH Client is installed:
    Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Optional Features. Search for OpenSSH Client, and choose to install the OpenSSH Client if not already installed.

2: Get your HomeTroller Pi's IP address:
    Log into myhs.homeseer.com using the username and password you selected when you installed your HomeTroller Pi.
    Note the IP address in the address bar for use in the next step:

3: Open a Command Prompt, and enter the following, inserting your real IP address:
    SSH homeseer@<Type-IP-Address-here>
    When prompted for the password, enter the the same password you used to log into myhs.homeseer.com. (Yes, even though the username is different!)

The Command Prompt should now look something like this:
    C:\Users\Swail>ssh homeseer@192.168.1.2
    homeseer@192.168.1.2's password:
    Linux HTPiHubG1 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
    Linux HTPiHubG1 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
    the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
    individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
    permitted by applicable law.

homeseer@HTPiHubG1:~ $

Please be careful what you do, a Linux shell is a powerful tool!

Leave a comment:

• cayenne
    replied
    Nope never figured it out. I didn’t really have a need to login to the console, I just wanted to make sure I had the user name and password written down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cd36
    replied
    I'm having this same issue, did you have an resolution?

I tried logging into linux tools using root username/password but that didn't work, but maybe I can't login to linux tools with root? I'll try to SSH in a bit, but I'm remote so I'll have to do some port forwarding rules temporarily to get it to work.

Leave a comment:

• hankli
    replied
    Try using "pi" for username and "raspberry" for password and see if you can get it.

Leave a comment:

• cayenne
    replied
    i have tried remote terminaling in via a ssh app as well as trying through the Linux tool menu in Hometroller. I have tired all logins. User name homeseer pass hsthsths3 and hsthsths4. i have tried homeseerpi as the username, and root as the username. I have tried : root pw = homeseerpi | homeseer pw = hsthsths4. Can not log into Linux, When i first installed it i tried to change the password but it said my passwords did not match and when i tried it again i got no response from the UI, if i use the LINUX drop down change password menu i get no response , it does no say wrong password just does not do anything.....

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by hankli View Post
    At any rate, I submitted a help ticket. Support should be able to easily reproduce this problem and look into it.
    Are you trying to ssh? If so what syntax are you using. You have to use ssh homeseer@yourIPAddress to ensure you are using the homeseer user account.

Leave a comment:

• hankli
    replied
    At any rate, I submitted a help ticket. Support should be able to easily reproduce this problem and look into it.

Leave a comment:

• hankli
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Just FYI - the username is 'homeseer' and not 'Homeseer'
    You shouldnt need root access since user homeseer is in the sudoers file.
    You need to login to some account be it root or pi since password for homeseer appears unknown after registration.

Leave a comment:

• hankli
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    When you register HS4, I believe it's step#5 where you change the Linux login. If you change it then the default will no longer work.
    I tried that password but did not work. I thought that password is only for web page authentication.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by cayenne View Post
    Ok what is the root password? User name “root” and password is what?

Clearly support and engineering has not tied this and as I suspect most users don’t care. Username “Homeseer” does not work with hsthsths3 or 4. Clearly a bug.... I have a new fresh install as well.

Just FYI - the username is 'homeseer' and not 'Homeseer'
    You shouldnt need root access since user homeseer is in the sudoers file.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    When you register HS4, I believe it's step#5 where you change the Linux login. If you change it then the default will no longer work.

Leave a comment:

• hankli
    replied
    OK. Changing the homeseer user password via root appears to have no ill effect on HS4. The linux tools page appears to function properly with the new password.

Leave a comment:

• hankli
    replied
    root password is documented in installation guide: https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeSeer-HS4Pi-Guide.pdf

Leave a comment:

• cayenne
    replied
    Ok what is the root password? User name “root” and password is what?

Clearly support and engineering has not tied this and as I suspect most users don’t care. Username “Homeseer” does not work with hsthsths3 or 4. Clearly a bug.... I have a new fresh install as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X