“Downgrade” license to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Downgrade” license to HS3

I had an HS3-Pi license, then during the last sale bought an HS4-Pi upgrade license and upgraded. Now I’m not so thrilled with HS4 (too familiar with HS3 and don’t like the quirks of the new UI). Is there any way for me to keep the upgrade license (I’m sure I’ll upgrade to HS4 eventually, maybe now just isn’t the time), but go back to using my license on HS3? I’m sure this will require direct input from HS...

I would just restore the backup you made before the upgrade.

Comment

The problem is that the license itself has been upgraded. My understanding is that the HS3-Pi license is no longer valid.

Comment

If the licence.bin file in /config is there . The product is already licensed.

Not sure about myhs though.

Comment

When I upgraded (it was not a Pi but a Hometroller)---but I suspect the licensing is the same), I ran the HS4 and HS3 in parallel for a very long time (I could never get around to finishing the work to upgrade as I was moving to an upgraded hardware system as well). And they both seemed to work indefinitely. In fact I still see the old HS3 system on myhs.homeseer.com (with a parenthetic that it is offline since I finally did get around to retiring it). And I still occasionally bring up the HS3 system to verify or confirm things I see in HS4 (lots of problems with zWave the last few days, for example so I wanted to compare the old and the new behavior). It appears (at least tin my case) there is nothing to prevent you from using both licenses, but I think the spirit of it should be that you don't run them both at once.

Comment

Working...
          X