Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Event Trigger - "1 hour after sunrise or 07:00 AM whichever is the later."?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Event Trigger - "1 hour after sunrise or 07:00 AM whichever is the later."?

We are trying to set an event trigger that will fire at the latter of 1 hour after sunrise or 07:00 AM.

My first thoughts were that we would need two triggers:-

If one hour or more after sunrise and 07:00 AM
    If after 07:00 AM and one hour after sunrise.

But I cannot find anything that allows for a time "an hour or more" after sunrise or for that matter a time that is "after" 07:00 am..

Can anyone suggest how we can set up an event that triggers "1 hour after sunrise or 07:00 AM whichever is the later"?

You can do it as you suggest using easytrigger:

1. Set up easytrigger "schedule" that is daily, sunrise+1hr to 11:59pm
    2. Event:
    IF time enters "schedule" ANDIF time is after 7:00am,
    OR IF time is exactly 7:00am AND IF time is in "schedule" range,
    THEN trigger
    -Wade

Comment

While I enthusiastically recommend the Easy Trigger plug-in (IMHO it's the most useful plug-in), if you don't have it you can do this with a virtual device and an extra event.
      The added event turns on the virtual device one hour after sunrise, then turns it off after a delay of 12 hours.
      Your target event then has the form:

If the Time is 7:00am
      And If the virtual device is On

Or If the virtual device changes and becomes On
      And If the time is after 7:00am
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        While I enthusiastically recommend the Easy Trigger plug-in (IMHO it's the most useful plug-in), if you don't have it you can do this with a virtual device and an extra event.
        The added event turns on the virtual device one hour after sunrise, then turns it off after a delay of 12 hours.

even better
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post

Many thanks, both.

The virtual device option worked like a dream (pun intended!)

Comment

Working...
          X