Winscp permission denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winscp permission denied

I'm trying to modify media files. Winscp worked fine with HS3 but now with HS4 I get "Permission denied" when I try to add or delete files. I've seen this issue mentioned elsewhere but is there a simple solution for someone with no Linux experience.
    Many thanks

What platform are you running HS4 on.

If it’s Linux based and you are just copying or moving files around use PuTTY from your Windows machine. The cp command will copy a file, the mv command will move a file to another location and the rm command will delete a file.

I’m guessing you’re connection using SCP does not have root privileges. If you supply a little more detail on your setup I can point you in the right direction.

Comment

I'm running Hometroller Zee. Tranfering files from Window 10

Date/time=1/29/2021 12:20:35 PM EST
      Version=HS4 ZEE S2/PI Edition 4.1.11.0 (Linux)
      MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 5.18.1.0 (tarball Fri Mar 15 21:12:47 UTC 2019)

License=Registered
      Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
      Uptime=1 Day 2 Hours 24 Minutes 7 Seconds
      Lan IP=192.168.0.32 (HomeTrollerZeeS2V5)
      Device Count=270
      Event Count=70
      Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,UltraM1G3:,Harmony Hub:
      Modules/Threads=76 Modules, 53 Threads
      Available Threads=399
      HomeSeer Memory Used=181 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=Harmony Hub 4.0.12.0,UltraM1G3 3.0.6922.16073,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

Could you give me an example of what you are doing on the Hometroller. I’m assuming you are dragging/dropping files and deleting files from certain folders using SCP.

You’ve a lot more control over your Linux file system on the Hometroller using PuTTY. Have you ever used it.

I don’t use SCP but you will need the root user name and password of your Hometroller when signing on in order to carry out administrative functions. What user name and password are you using.

Have a look at this post for further details https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...to-hometroller

Comment

That's pretty much it. Moving, deleting files, uploading from Windows. I'll look at what you've given me, try to figure it out and get back to you.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Your info was great. Got it working.
            Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by charbwin View Post
              Your info was great. Got it working.
              Many thanks
              Which route did you go. Did you use the simple Linux commands via PuTTY or change your login credentials with SCP

Comment

I downloaded PuTTy and modified the root level password. After I get a few hundred events sorted (new house) out I'll play with it some more.

Comment

Working...
                X