Hub won’t fully boot - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub won’t fully boot - Solved!

Not really sure what is going on or how to explain it since I’m new to the Raspberry pi, but I’ll try to explain the problem.

After I got keyboard, mouse, hdmi hooked to tv, and lan cable plugged in, I powered up the hub. It starts running the script for a few minutes then stalls out. I have left it alone for 24 hours thinking it was loading something, but stayed stalled out. If I hit any key on the keyboard it brings me to a login.

After hours of searching online I found user name HomeSeer and password hsthsths4. It then starts running more script. But then stalls out and has a green line that reads homeseer@htpihubg1:$ . I’m completely lost on what is going on.

I can use find.HomeSeer.com but I can only use the maintenance stuff on the site.

Any help would be Appreciated.
    Attached Files

In your first screenshot HS is up and running. At that point you should be able to key in find.homeseer.com in a web browser on your local LAN to show a link to HS3/4.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok I have it back to the first screenshot. But my desktop will not connect to the hub. I’ve been messing with the mantinace side and it will make the hub do things but it still won’t connect to the hub to put in the user and password.

Comment

Hi,

Assuming you have run Raspi-config to set up your time zone etc.

You also need to decide which lan access you want to use Wifi/Cable (eth0/wlan0), static/dhcp and set up the appropriate network details in /etc/dhcpcd.conf. Raspberry.org website is full of examples and help.

Can you try the following assuming you know the IP address of the HS Controller

Use a different PC/Android/Mobile/? phone on the same LAN and type HS IP address "xx.xx.xx.xx/EventLog" into your browser also try pinging the HS Controller from another device,

If you have tried this, ignore.

Cheers

Jo

Comment

I finally got it working. Ended up using find.HomeSeer.com to get the IP address of the hub. Then put in http://“the IP address of the hub/register.html. That got me right in no problem. Not sure why when you click on the hub in the find.HomeSeer page it doesn’t automatically use that link.

Comment

Originally posted by Frizman View Post
            I finally got it working. Ended up using find.HomeSeer.com to get the IP address of the hub. Then put in http://“the IP address of the hub/register.html. That got me right in no problem. Not sure why when you click on the hub in the find.HomeSeer page it doesn’t automatically use that link.
            Thank you! I had the same problem with a brand new Pi, and this got me in

Comment

Working...
            X