Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant get event to trigger properly - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant get event to trigger properly - Solved!

Hello all,

First post here, at wits end with this software running on a hometroller PI purchased about a week ago. Have had many problems and sent many emails and phone calls to homeseer support, all but one with a short reply to my many paragraphs of questions/descriptions/pictures was left unanswered (there were about 8 emails and a couple of phone calls). They suggested I turn off virus scanners on every computer on my network to troubleshoot. I did find a problem with my firewall in pfsense which prevented the software from phoning home to get plugins, but that is now sorted.

However when I put in an event to turn on an auxillary outlet based on temperature from a thermostat, it shows as triggering mulitple times in the log (many times in fact, seemingly each time the temp meets those specs above below the set point, and continuosly while the temp is below that point). However the outlet never actually switches on or off. Auditing the node shows the neighbors and says it has excellent connectivity (its actually far better with the tstat in the room as its wired, but it was removed and put near a window for testing to get the temp to drop below setpoint). Switching the outlet on and off from the main devices page works fine, just not with the trigger. Also manually running the event from the event page and it works, just not when the device has to run the event itself. Theres also another event to trigger when the temp goes above 67 to turn the outlet off, which seems to be exhibiting the same behavior.

I do not currently have any other temp sensors to try this with, and am still within my return period for this hardware, and have started a return (also no response/traction on that). I do really want this software to work, as my original intention is to fully automate my 100' long greenhouse, but with the amount of problems i seem to be encountering, I am looking at other options now (isy, and hubitat, but neither has ZNET which are very nifty, and seem to work fairly well)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric
    Attached Files

Solved:

Tech support looked at an email with these screen shots and had no idea what was wrong, so they logged into my system and immediately saw that the "Then" control a device action was individually disabled and enabling this made it work as intended.

Comment

Working...
    X