Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pi HS3 to HS4 fail. Now stuck

Hello there,

I bought the HS4 upgrade a long time ago, but stalled at upgrading as I just had this feeling it was going to be a pain!

So now a year later, and as the automation at home has become gradually more unreliable, I decided that rain today was upgrade day. I started at 9am, it's now nearly 5PM. No progress.

So here is what has happened and I am looking for a way forward now.

Followed install guide here: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...Troller+Zee+S2

From this page: Find.HomeSeer.com

*Did the backup
    *Then clicked on upgrade.

A short time later I see a page timeout. Now when i go to find. homeseer.com i see my Pi device (HS3Pi3v6). It's aware of my local IP. clicking on it just give a generic "This site can't be reached. The connection was reset."

There is no way forward other than access via ssh now. I can see the contents of /usr/local/HomeSeer

I tried to sign up for the "new" support but I never got the email. An account was created, but I don't know the username!

Furthermore, I tried to just install an img file on a new 32gb micro sd card using an etch program on my Mac. It said the img file was corrupt! So I found a different download of HS4 image I downloaded last year. still the same message.

That pretty much is enough for me today as some object will get flung soon.

Any suggestions on how to get a working homeseer HS4 system installed on my Pi4?

thanks

Did you try keying in the ipaddress of the Zee and add /register.html ?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did you access the registration page before doing anything else and enter the new license code? The web interface will be unresponsive in HS4 with doing the registration of a license first.

Go to localhost:8080/register.html or whatever port your HS web config was running on. I didn't see this in the instructions, but stumped me until Google led me to a forum post that explained it.

Also, if you revert back to HS3, make sure to change the primary HS server in the myhs portal to reflect that. It autoupated to the HS4 license when I upgraded, but doesn't go back automatically when you revert.

Good luck!

Comment

Hello and thanks for the replies.

@Rupp: I do not have a web interface at [IP] like I did with HS3. I get a timeout.

@fresnoboy: I never saw anything about registering HS4 and have not done so. I have no web interface since the update started with one exception.

I did briefly have a tease with find.homeseer.com. For reasons that I can not explain I suddenly had the HS3Pi3v6 on then left and Maintenance on the right. So I clicked on maintenance. That led to [ip]:911/php/Main.php. I I decided to redo the steps after HS3 Backup. Made it all the way through. When I clicked on the return button at the bottom I could no longer get into maintenance. find.homeseer.com was not even reachable (timeout).

I have a device in my home network called Firewalla that is my firewall. it's the DHCP server. I am thinking I may have to revert back to DHCP from my router and remove Firewalla from the network just to see if it has some influence. grasping at straws at this point.

Does anyone know if updatehs.sh in the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder is the HS4 update script? I ran that from terminal with SH and it produced errors 301, and a 404. I may be off in the weeds with this, just out of ideas.

Comment

This is now resolved.

I walked away for about 30 mins from my office win10 machine that I was using to access/update to HS4. I have been having trouble with wireless, so I decided to work on that and added an access point to the upstairs bedrooms. I return to the family room, picked up my MacBook Air, refreshed [ip]/register.html (from an attempt last night), and blow me down, the registration page shows up! Just goes to show that if you keep pounding on the door, you eventually break your way in!

Absolutely no clue why, but pondering a cache issue on win10. Who knows.

Is the registration page supposed to be the final page of the upgrade normally?

Anyway. Thanks Rupp, and @HectoSeer for your input. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X