Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PushMessage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PushMessage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Getting this error message when attempting to send a Pushover message.

HS4

Is you Controller fully updated. Could you confirm what version of HS4 you are using, what version of the OS and Mono is installed.

Comment

I have just recently started seeing this. No message is sent. It started about 4 days ago. Note the app on the iPhone was updated recently to 3.7.2. I've updated HS4 and the Pushover plugin to the latest version and it still happens. Also when I updated the plugin I got this error message.

8/27/2021 10:35:00 AM
      Legacy-Plugin
      Pushover 3P
      Error In SoundLoad The operation has timed out.

Date/time=8/27/2021 2:18:17 PM CDT
      Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.0.0 (Linux)
      MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:14:25 UTC 2019)

License=Registered
      Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
      Uptime=0 Days 3 Hours 45 Minutes 17 Seconds
      Lan IP=10.0.1.5 (hometrollerSEL)
      Device Count=170
      Event Count=121
      Plugins Enabled=PHLocation:,drhsIpPlugIn:,BLOccupied:,Z-Wave:,EasyTrigger:,Insteon:,Pushover 3P:,Z-Wave UI:
      Modules/Threads=73 Modules, 61 Threads
      Available Threads=199
      HomeSeer Memory Used=107 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.71,Insteon 3.0.7.1,PHLocation 3.0.1.109,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
        I have just recently started seeing this. No message is sent. It started about 4 days ago. Note the app on the iPhone was updated recently to 3.7.2. I've updated HS4 and the Pushover plugin to the latest version and it still happens. Also when I updated the plugin I got this error message.

8/27/2021 10:35:00 AM
        Legacy-Plugin
        Pushover 3P
        Error In SoundLoad The operation has timed out.

Date/time=8/27/2021 2:18:17 PM CDT
        Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.0.0 (Linux)
        MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:14:25 UTC 2019)

License=Registered
        Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
        Uptime=0 Days 3 Hours 45 Minutes 17 Seconds
        Lan IP=10.0.1.5 (hometrollerSEL)
        Device Count=170
        Event Count=121
        Plugins Enabled=PHLocation:,drhsIpPlugIn:,BLOccupied:,Z-Wave:,EasyTrigger:,Insteon:,Pushover 3P:,Z-Wave UI:
        Modules/Threads=73 Modules, 61 Threads
        Available Threads=199
        HomeSeer Memory Used=107 Mbytes
        Plugins Installed=BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.71,Insteon 3.0.7.1,PHLocation 3.0.1.109,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
        Unfortunately the OP didn’t reply to tell us if my suggestion actually worked. That’s nothing new on this forum. I’ve noticed your Mono version is reporting version 5.20 when in fact the latest version is at version 6.12. I’m fairly sure this is the source of your problem.

Comment

If you want to copy/paste the following commands into a terminal session I might have a better idea what your setup is. Could you copy/paste the output here.

uname -r

cat /etc/os-release

sudo mono --version

Depending on the results from these commands will determine what steps you need to take next.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
            If you want to copy/paste the following commands into a terminal session I might have a better idea what your setup is. Could you copy/paste the output here.

uname -r

cat /etc/os-release

sudo mono --version

Depending on the results from these commands will determine what steps you need to take next.

Really don't know why this is happening, I haven't been into the system for weeks, it just runs. Anyway here you go....

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:~$ uname -r
            3.16.0-031600-generic

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:~$ cat /etc/os-release
            NAME="Ubuntu"
            VERSION="14.04.1 LTS, Trusty Tahr"
            ID=ubuntu
            ID_LIKE=debian
            PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS"
            VERSION_ID="14.04"
            HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
            SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
            BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:~$ sudo mono --version
            [sudo] password for homeseer:
            Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:14:25 UTC 2019)
            Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
            TLS: __thread
            SIGSEGV: altstack
            Notifications: epoll
            Architecture: x86
            Disabled: none
            Misc: softdebug
            Interpreter: yes
            LLVM: yes(600)
            Suspend: hybrid
            GC: sgen (concurrent by default)
            homeseer@hometrollerSEL:~$

Comment

A regularly scheduled report at midnight produced these errors in the log:

8/28/2021 12:00:40 AM

Legacy-Plugin
              Pushover 3P
              Pushover Reply Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s

Legacy-Plugin
              Pushover 3P
              Other Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Legacy-Plugin
              Pushover 3P
              Pushover Plugin WebException Error: The operation has timed out.

Comment

Wow that setup really is old. Ubuntu 14.04 is no longer supported. The Linux kernel is ancient. Kernel 3.16 is way behind. I’m using Kernel 5.4 and as I mentioned your Mono version is at least one full release behind.

Leaving your system as is will only invite further errors going forward. I’m not familiar with the SEL but it reports x86 architecture so my best advice is to back up your system and follow the latest instructions for a HS4 Linux installation.

You won’t manually succeed in upgrading your system any further with the current OS in place and will probably end up breaking it.

I’d definitely start from scratch and restore your backup when your OS and HS4 is correctly installed.

Comment

Here’s the latest HS4 Linux install instructions https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...g-hs4-on-linux

Comment

Working...
                  X