Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy way to get audio out from Zee S2 running HS4??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way to get audio out from Zee S2 running HS4??

Greetings,
    I recently moved from a HomeTroller S5 with HS3 to a Zee S2 with HS4.
    And I'm NOT an expert programmer.

Simple question.

Is there an 'easy' way on omegle my Zee S2 running HS4 to direct audio out to the mini plug?

And out of curiosity, where is the audio output directed by default?? (Why not the audio out plug??)

Thanks for any help,xender

Greetings DavidMalan,

Do you have a desktop installed on the Pi? I have a custom Pi setup that includes a desktop/display manager so I use it like a "Normal" PC with a HDMI monitor and keyboard along with other applications. In my case, the audio is directed to the speakers in the monitor but if you have a virgin Zee S2 then I'm not sure how it's set up.

Roger D

Don't forget to backup the SD card before making any changes.

Comment

I’ve no idea what Omegle is but the simplest source for sound would be the headphone jack with headphones or a set of powered speakers plugged in. Whatever route you take you will need to configure it in a terminal session with the command

sudo raspi-config

Navigate to the Audio option and select the relevant source.

You can always use Bluetooth or USB if you have a USB sound card lying about too. No need to add a Desktop onto a server like the Zee S2.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMalan View Post
        Greetings,

Simple question.gb whatsapp

Is there an 'easy' way on my Zee S2 running HS4 to direct audio out to the mini plug?

And out of curiosity, where is the audio output directed by default?? (Why not the audio out plug??)

Thanks for any help,
        Probably the HDMI?

If you run raspi-config you can change the default audio to headphone

Comment

Older versions of the Hometroller allow the audio to be switched to the audio jack. I got a new unit, a G2 and the audio jack is not supported (linux issue). raspi-config does not switch the audio. To get audio I had to add a HDMI audio extractor. I don't know if the newest Hometroller G3 has fixed the issue.

Comment

Greetings,

Simple question.gbwhatsapp

Is there an 'easy' way on my Zee S2 running HS4 to direct audio out to the mini plug?

Thanks for any help,

Comment

Working...
            X