Upgrading from HS3 to HS4 - problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from HS3 to HS4 - problem

I have done this successfully on three other HomeSeer Zee S2 units (PI).

This unit that I am trying to upgrade will not upgrade the "recover your HomeSeer system 1.0" to the version that allows me to upgrade to HS4(I believe that is 1.3). I did follow the instructions and upgraded to 3.0.0.551.

Here are the instructions that I followed.

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/displa...Troller+Zee+S2

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

I have just encountered this problem as well - only I don't have your experience of updating other systems to HS4. I'm trying to update a HS3-Pi which has been running happily for several years. I followed the update instructions and ran into a blank wall being unable to get the Version 1.3 maintenance page with the all important upgrade option. Very frustrating - now returning to HS3 and contemplating whether I will need to do a clean HS4 install which I expect to be a great deal more work getting everything working again. My register_with_find.sh file is dated 2018 so doesn't look like it was updated in the upgrade to 551 - is this relevant? I'm lost and like you would appreciate some help.

Comment

I had the same issue and unfortunately Support were not really forthcoming with a solution when I opened a ticket.
      I had to do a full clean install of HS4 and reinstall all the devices, which was a pain.
      There are quite a few bugs in HS4 I find, so I wish I hadn't upgraded from HS3, not for another year anyway

Comment

I would agree. I am going to flash a new version on a 32K chip and do it the hard way.

Comment

Working...
        X