Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone installed HS4 on a RP4 using bullseye OS yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone installed HS4 on a RP4 using bullseye OS yet?

Grabbed a new RP4 8GB and looking to do a HS4 pro install on it. Was interested if anyone has had luck installing it using bullseye OS yet? Don't think it is at release version yet but would be great to take advantage of the full 8GB of memory. Open to any thoughts or suggestions.

It’s already in release. No major benefit to users of a headless setup which is mainly what HS4 is aimed at. Might be worth trying one of the other Linux distributions which the RPI4 will run comfortably. https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/ras...bian-bullseye/

Comment

What is best OS to use then and what is the benefit over using bullseye? I do want to make sure it's 64bit so I can utilize the full memory.

Comment

One that works. As you’re going to be installing a server edition of whatever flavour you choose it really doesn’t matter but Ubuntu is probably the most popular and best maintained with plenty of support from the Ubuntu community should you stumble. Of course you can choose any one or all from this list https://www.google.ie/amp/s/9to5linu...i-computer/amp

Comment

Originally posted by screamincamaro View Post
          I do want to make sure it's 64bit so I can utilize the full memory.
          This may prove difficult, HS4 is a 32-bit application...
          Code:
          file /opt/HomeSeer/HSConsole.exe
          /opt/HomeSeer/HSConsole.exe: [COLOR=#c0392b]PE32 executable[/COLOR] (console) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows

Comment

I’ve been running HS4-PI on Debian 11 aka Bullseye 64 bit on a RPi 4 8GB with a 250GB SSD as my primary system for quite some time now.

Roger D

Comment

Working...
            X