Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Razzberry 700 series by Z-wave.me is finally available in the US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFL,

I haven't heard about this. Where did you learn this? I would like to read about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger D View Post
      PFL,

I haven't heard about this. Where did you learn this? I would like to read about it.
      Use multimeter to test antenna pin DC voltage, If it is around 3.2-3.3V, it's not good, if it is 0V, that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by PFL View Post

Use multimeter to test antenna pin DC voltage, If it is around 3.2-3.3V, it's not good, if it is 0V, that's good.
        Why is that "not good"? What's wrong with having a DC offset?

Comment

Wouldn't the matching components affect this anyway? A capacitor in the feedline, if needed to the match the antenna, would block DC too.

If it had an inductor from the feedline to ground it would read a direct short too does that mean it would be a bad design?

Why is this a design flaw?

Comment

TC1,

​​​​What flaw are you referring to?
            The network gets congested and slows down under certain conditions. It's been reported on these forums regarding the HS Gen3 z-wave stick.

Comment

TC1,

What is SI Labs saying about it?

Comment

Wouldn't the matching components affect this anyway? A capacitor in the feedline, if needed to the match the antenna, would block DC too.

If it had an inductor from the feedline to ground it would read a direct short too does that mean it would be a bad design?

Why is this a design flaw?
                Because some inductor type antenna could be circuit short for DC. that will reduce RF signal dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Why is that "not good"? What's wrong with having a DC offset?
                  Because some inductor type antenna could be circuit short for DC. that will reduce RF signal dramatically. sometimes will damage the RF amplifier too.

Comment

As a licensed Amateur Extra radio operator you've just stated all I need to know. 🙄

Comment

As an 30+ years engineer, I am trying to develop the first Z-Wave 800 Controller with ZGM230S. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 4.21.44 PM.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1517681

Comment

The Z-Wave 800 Controller Pi 4B HAT with manually soldered. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2731.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1517683

Comment

Well good luck with that. I'm no 30+ Engineer so I'm still trying to understand what you said earlier...

Originally posted by PFL View Post
                          Because some inductor type antenna could be circuit short for DC. that will reduce RF signal dramatically. sometimes will damage the RF amplifier too.
                          I'm still waiting to learn why when measuring the antenna jack to ground "If it is around 3.2-3.3V, it's not good, if it is 0V, that's good"

I thought all antennas had inductance.

Why does the DC affect RF?

What causes the damage to the RF amplifier?

I thought you said on another post... "I got from my friend. He is developing the Smart Home product."

No reply is needed. I'm finished with this thread.

Have a great day and be safe.

Roger D

Comment

Well good luck with that. I'm no 30+ Engineer so I'm still trying to understand what you said earlier...

I'm still waiting to learn why when measuring the antenna jack to ground "If it is around 3.2-3.3V, it's not good, if it is 0V, that's good"

I thought all antennas had inductance.

Why does the DC affect RF?

What causes the damage to the RF amplifier?

I thought you said on another post... "I got from my friend. He is developing the Smart Home product."

No reply is needed. I'm finished with this thread.

Have a great day and be safe.

Roger D
                            From the circuit, normally especial in IC, it is hard to manufacture big capacitor in IC, so you will find around IC, there are almost capacitors. But there are still small capactance capacitor be made in IC. Now there is Balun integrated in If there are DC from RF antenna pin, it means that has DC circuit connection and if you short antenna pin to Ground, that will be a big problem. the big current will burn off the amplifier if there is no protection circuit on it.

Comment

pistacheL0,

Yes, It is fully recognized by HomeSeer.

Available from Amazon
                              Hi , thanks for the answer!

Next one is, if used on a raspberry pi and hs4 instlled on another server… will homeseer plugin recogognize it over the lan? Is ser2net the only way ?

edit: ser2net is easy enough. I am confusing it with virtualhere

Comment

I thought I would give these a try so I purchase a Razberry Pro

Click image for larger version  Name:	RazPro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	1518674

Have it mated to a Pi3b. It connects and is recognized by HS4. I can restore a network to it from a backup and the devices are all there, but it will not control anything.
                                I and connected to a test HS4 installation, did an import and all my devices from the backup were created in HS, but it will not communicate with any of them. I erased the interface and tried to include (both secure and non secure) it fails either way.

Has anyone gotten one of these working?

EDIT: Nevermind. The first board was defective. I went to the second one and it works well, thought there are no LEDs lighting to show status.

Now I can add and control devices, but cannot get a restored network to communicate. I'll keep playing.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X