Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Razzberry 700 series by Z-wave.me is finally available in the US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFL View Post

From the circuit, normally especial in IC, it is hard to manufacture big capacitor in IC, so you will find around IC, there are almost capacitors. But there are still small capactance capacitor be made in IC. Now there is Balun integrated in If there are DC from RF antenna pin, it means that has DC circuit connection and if you short antenna pin to Ground, that will be a big problem. the big current will burn off the amplifier if there is no protection circuit on it.

Others have asked for some reference material for the antenna issue. If it's really a problem, then please direct us to that information, this should be well documented with discussion and analysis. In quick search, I haven't found much, but I never have been great at searching.
    You mentioned a marked decrease in ERP to the antenna. Have you measured radiated power of the module vs the 800?

I don't have an engineering degree or hold an extra license, but I can read!

Thanks for the data, informative

Comment

Originally posted by Blinder View Post

Others have asked for some reference material for the antenna issue. If it's really a problem, then please direct us to that information, this should be well documented with discussion and analysis. In quick search, I haven't found much, but I never have been great at searching.
      You mentioned a marked decrease in ERP to the antenna. Have you measured radiated power of the module vs the 800?

I don't have an engineering degree or hold an extra license, but I can read!

Thanks for the data, informative
      Please check out https://www.silabs.com/documents/pub...otes/AN853.pdf.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger D View Post
        pistacheL0,

Yes, It is fully recognized by HomeSeer.
        Hi Roger,

I'm surprised you got your RaZberry working with HomeSeer?

I tried unsuccessfully to get a RaZberry2 working with HS4, and Richard told me not to bother - that they never got it working either?

I can get HS4 to recognize and appear to initialize the device under /dev/AMA0, but you can't add devices.

If you look at the dozens of negative reviews on the Amazon sales page, no one seems to have gotten it working?

Thanks!

Robert

Comment

After my test, all Z-Wave 700 controller has an issue with firmware which cause delay response seem wake problem. Even with the version 7.17.0, that is Silicon Labs issue, because they never release sample code, only binary. So all developer have to share the same binary.

Comment

I test my newly developed Z-Wave 800 board, It has no that issue so far for running about 20 days.

Comment

I test my newly developed Z-Wave 800 board, It has no that issue so far for running about 20 days.
              What firmware version are you using with that 800 chip?
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

What firmware version are you using with that 800 chip?
                Silicon Labs only release 7.17.1. That's the only version so far. Looks reliable so far.

Comment

Silicon Labs only release 7.17.1. That's the only version so far. Looks reliable so far.
                  So are you suggesting there is a hardware issue with the 700 series controller chips?
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

So are you suggesting there is a hardware issue with the 700 series controller chips?
                    I am not sure it is hardware or software issue because they only release binary. Silicon Labs told me they have a plan to open source the code. Once we get their code, we can verify that.

Comment

Maybe some sort of interaction.

Comment

I got the Razberry 7 hat and installed it to a Raspberry pi 4. Installed the Razberry 7 image from Zwave.me. I go to add a new Zwave Ethernet Interface to my HS Server running on a Windows Server. I enter in the IP and the Port 8083 (This is the web port Razberry 7 seems to use). Yet the interface won't connect/enable.

How did anyone get this working?

Comment

I wasn't able to. Tried everything I could think of, but even though connected to a Pi running Z-Net software. It would connect but failed establishing inclusion. Rich also said they will not support a restore. I don't know if that will change.

I'm running HomeSeer 700 series controller cards and they are working fine. I have a couple of GPIO 800 series controllers. They work just fine, but HomeSeer doesn't yet support them for restore. My net step will be to move to those, when I can.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OmegaQuest I’ve never had an issue with these cards. In fact I just set one up as a z-net last month.
                            im also doing a custom install for the same person by adding both the zigbee and z-wave interfaces onto the same 40 pin header.

Comment

OmegaQuest I’ve never had an issue with these cards. In fact I just set one up as a z-net last month.
                              im also doing a custom install for the same person by adding both the zigbee and z-wave interfaces onto the same 40 pin header.
                              Were you able to restore one from a Z-Net backup?

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Can you give detailed steps on what you are doing to get it to work?

*I have no issue with redoing my entire zwave setup from scratch if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X